What could I get for a staffy x english bulldog Controversial

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Scrap-E, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Scrap-E

Scrap-E New Member

Name:
    E

What could I get for a staffy x english bulldog

I just bred my staffy bitch to an english bulldog. I am trying to produce something like a bulldog, but more athletic, and without all the breathing problems of the bulldog. I already have people waiting on them. I am not sure how much they should sell for. A staffy sells at about $1000, and english bulldogs sell for way over $1000. I would like see if anybody has any pics of this x too.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Kalasin

Kalasin New Member

Name:
    Kalasin
    I think you should run very fast...
  4. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    I think £100/£150 is a fair amount to expect some one to pay for a cross breed!
    Hope you have done the right health tests.. Good luck with the whelping.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2010
  5. aerolor

aerolor New Member

Name:
    Rena
    The puppies you get as a result of this mating will NOT be pedigree dogs - they will be crossbred with no official papers. You cannot expect to sell them for anything like a pedigree dog with papers costs. Also how long do you think it will be before you achieve your aim of producing this new breed (an athletic bulldog type with no breathing problems). :?
  6. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    Shouldn`t you have considered this before breeding your money machine sorry I meant pet?
  7. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    :roll: Hope you health tested the parents of this cross?:? Both breeds can carry bad health issues and (English) bulldogs rarely have a natural birth... anyway good luck with the whelp and as for money... ooh a nice cross say what $200?:roll: :roll:
  8. Nanuq

Nanuq New Member

Name:
    Lisa
    :rolleyes:

I'm not even going there or I will be on my soapbox a long time.
  9. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    On reflection I think the OPs missed a trick here. If he`d used a poodle instead he could have bred a dog for asthmatic chavs. (a stoo?)
  10. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    You and me both.......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  11. boredinstroud

boredinstroud New Member

Name:
    Emily
    The most important thing is making sure the puppies are going into decent homes where they will be loved and cared for. Unfortunately this type of dog attracts its fair share of ***** who want a status symbol (well at least in the UK) so I imagine you'll have some vetting to do first.

As you are breeding 'something like a bulldog, but more athletic, and without all the breathing problems of the bulldog' you are trying to improve the type, right? In which case 'how much you can get for them' isn't your first priority...
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2010
  12. Fudgeley

Fudgeley New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    We paid £60 for our crossbreed so maybe something around there?

Given that your bitch may well have to have a c-section from what others have said I would start saving up for the vet bills too!
  13. Scrap-E

Scrap-E New Member

Name:
    E
    Like I stated I already have good homes waiting on them. my Bella, my dog is vet checked, and is completly healthy. She has no genetic physical defects in her line. I have seen all dogs in her line back to the 5th generation. The bulldog is one the most athletic bulldogs I have seen, considering. I already have the vet waiting in case of a c-section being necessary. Having an improved bulldog is my top priorty.
  14. Scrap-E

Scrap-E New Member

Name:
    E
    She is 2 1/2 years old, and this the first and probably the time she is bred smartass
  15. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    A vet check will not tell you if your Stafford is a carrier for L2 Hga or HC or affected with PHPV or PPSC.

These are all conditions that could potentially be in your Stafford.

Looking at a couple of generations won't tell you either.

I was at the vets getting my dog eye checked and he asked me if there was a reason that anyone would use a Stafford on a bulldog as he had just diagnosed PHPV in a bulldog, a condition only found in Staffords.

Give them away for free or you could find yourself in court for breeding dogs with out due care by not testing for known conditions. plus

A dog with the potential to carry all the conditions of both breeds does not sound like an improved version, you needed to do the health tests for that first.
  16. Scrap-E

Scrap-E New Member

Name:
    E
    The c-section is already planned for, it will cost $475
  17. aerolor

aerolor New Member

Name:
    Rena
    Sharp one Claire :043: :043: :043:
  18. aerolor

aerolor New Member

Name:
    Rena
    But the pups will NOT be "improved" bulldogs - they will be mongrels and you cannot register them with your AKC. :? They could also be the opposite of what you intend as there is no way you can know what you will get by way of improvement with this cross mating.
  19. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    I'm just wondering if the people who you have lined up as potential owners of the pups have discussed what they are expecting to pay, surely this will help you decide what you are going to charge.

Whenever I've planned a litter, (although mine were from health tested, Kennel Club registered parents and pure bred), each person on my list, as well as being interrogated as to their suitability, all knew the costs of pup and what they would get for their money before they went on my list.

If you haven't discussed money with them at this late stage it might be a good idea to do so, you may find that some of them are no longer interested if they are expected to pay a similar amount to what they could purchase a pure bred pup from health tested parents.

One other thing, both these breeds carry inherited faults, what will you do if you haven't actually eliminated those faults with this mating and actually end up with pups that carry those faulty genes from both parents? As others have said, being healthy is not good enough, they need to be tested for anything that is rife in the breed to ensure they are not effected or carriers.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or bullying, I am just concerned that you have a dream to breed the perfect animal but may have gone about it without thinking everythng through properly. No-body can be criticised for trying to improve various breeds but it has to be done by people with extensive knowledge and only using the finest specimens of each breed involved.
  20. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    A vet check is completely different to testing for known conditions within a breed.
    Really you have met all the dogs in her lines back to the 5th generation,how is she bred ? what bloodlines ?
    I don't know alot about the bulldogs so can't coment,however leadstaffs has made good points,to be honest if I was looking for a puppy and you spun me those lines above that would ring alarm bells for me as those are typical statements of a BYB.
  21. Scrap-E

Scrap-E New Member

Name:
    E
    She has been cleared for all conditions by DNA test plus the pups will be tested before they are sold.