What could I get for a staffy x english bulldog Controversial

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Scrap-E, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    Hmmm, I do believe it will be your dogs problem when she fails to whelp correctly and your problem when the subsequent bills start rolling in.

Breeding dogs for money is an appalling practice, there really isn't much more to say than that. :evil:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    Been vet checked is different to testing for KNOWN hereditary conditions,
    Only an idiot would cross breed without testing for these and leave the door wide open for court action by the new owner,not to mention the health implications of any puppies.
    Breeding for money is disgusting :evil:
  4. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    If you'd have done you're homework and brought a Bulldog from conscientious reputable breeders you'd have been half way there cutting down on the many problems they can suffer from, instead you have a pet Stafford that has just been ''checked'' ..prior to breeding.:roll:
  5. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    There really isn't any point in adding to this thread, the op has made up his/her (sorry but confused) mind that they are having the pups regardless of any potential health issues these pups may have the misfortune to be born with or that could appear at a later stage.

I once had an English Setter bitch with a hip score of 25/26, she was healthy in all aspects, showed well, I suppose, with hindsight, I could have bred her several times and made a lot of money off her back, after all she was health checked and a happy little girl, part of the family...but wait a minute, what about any pups that could have been born with no hip sockets? That wouldn't have been apparent until they were about 6 months old, I would have took the money and run long before that...just let the new owners face the expense and heartache all because I wanted a litter or two from her and was going to do what I wanted regardless of anything else :evil:
  6. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    Am I the only one who`s noticed that the OP has had a sex-change?
    I`m having soup for lunch
  7. Laura-Anne

Laura-Anne New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Lol too many comical jokes in this thread :lol: not a comincal situation.:\

OP sad to say your the reason there is such a bad name given about crossbreeds. Very very selfish breeding, putting you beloved pet at risk.

If all else, your list of potential owners, please at least vet check throughly, you will have a lot of people not suitable for dog ownership looking for this breed of dog. Are you willing to take the pups back if something goes wrong? Your bringing these dogs into the world please be responsible for their lives even after you have reiceved your money.

To answer your original question I paid £150 for my crossbreed, and nothing for my other crossbreed. By all means cover your costs for actual test not a vet check and fair costs. So yeh id say around £50-£150 for yourself.
  8. Dobermonkey

Dobermonkey New Member

Name:
    Claire
  9. missy01

missy01 New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    I paid £150 for my cross breed, and both parents had KC papers.

Shame, adding to the already large Staff cross problem.
  10. Scrap-E

Scrap-E New Member

Name:
    E
    First of all, all I wanted was some feed back from some other people, besides those of the people the pups are going to. I have known the sire of the pups for about 2 years. I have seen his dogs papers and been around the dog for that time too. I paid $700, and a pic of the litter. He is going to help me and an other breeder inprove this cross breed. Now thats 3 pups already in good homes. 2nd all the approved homes have agreed to pay $500 a pup. They are all going to be vet checked before they go to there new homes. The dam is not really a staffy she is a small pit bull line that I have been breeding for about 17 years. I have already planned for everything possible, because I have been planning and thinking about this for about 10 years. I tried this before with an Old English bulldogge but the males come to be bigger than both parrents. We finally got a female that seemed like she was going to be suitable to continue inproving. She was stolen out of my locked car one night. It has been 10 years of plannin to finally get an other suitable female. She fits all the right critiria for what I want to produce for myself, not to make money off of. Lastly all my pups weather sold or given away come with a promise to take them back for any reason, even if they just don't realize what they have really gotten into with cross. I had more than plenty of suitable homes for three litters before I even bred her. Since not any of you (naw sayers) are not even considered homes, ******** are like opinions everyone has one and they all stink!!!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2010
  11. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    Oh right she has changed breed now,your story has more holes in it than a colinder :roll:
  12. Laura-Anne

Laura-Anne New Member

Name:
    Laura
    My comment was actually just to make sure you were thinking of the pups future, since your original comments didnt show much understanding or knowledge.

You asked how much we said how much. I was being deadly serious about the £50-£150. Plus why are you looking to find out if you have already agreed 500? Please dont boost the price based on demand :( Happened to me wasn't a nice feeling. I ended up not taking the dog because of it because all the breeder cared about was money :( The day I was going down to visit a dog selling at £75 the boosted the price to £250. Couldnt give my money to someone who could do that :(
  13. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    You change your story with each post, had you been honest about your previous history you may well have got a different repsonse, although I doubt it, you are the only person on this thread that has resorted to name-calling when you didn't hear what you wanted to hear.

I'm pretty certain that no-one on here would consider purchasing a puppy from you with that attitude, so just as well eh?

If you are so experienced in cross-breeding, why even ask for advice?

Another one bites the dust :roll:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2010
  14. Pidge

Pidge New Member

Name:
    Em
    Mmmm, spicy parsnip with some crusty bread
  15. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    Should I have mulligatawny or mediterranean tomato, that is the question.
  16. one.eyed.dog

one.eyed.dog New Member

Name:
    Ellie
    I think this was posted as a wind up. Just to see how people would react.
  17. Manyana13

Manyana13 New Member

Name:
    Maryann
    Thats my thinking too....:101:
  18. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    Good luck with homing you're puppies, I just hope you don't end up in court regarding legal action from disgruntled buyers. A whole world of things could go wrong with this breeding and it seems you've posted the exact same question all over the net!:mrgreen: Pretty much had the same response as you've had on here too ;-) :mrgreen:

I've been around Bulldogs for half of my life, I don't know everything, but I know some things and this is a breeding even I wouldn't consider as neither breed has anything to add to either gene pool and pefectly okay as Pedigree dogs in their own right as long as you do you're homework.

Would I personally buy such a puppy..? Nope. And I don't think any self respecting Staffy or Bulldog person would either, especially when folks are breeding recreation Bulldogs that have generations behind them & people with masses of experience as the face of their dogs.

I did a little research this afternoon and it seems folks can't even part with this cross, I've seen them for £500 and the same puppies reduced elsewhere, looks like they can't even give them away.. People are becoming wise thesedays, know about health tests and the complications of breeding dogs that are totally incompatible.

When the puppies are born it's best not to rely on the word of you're ''friends'' :002:
  19. Scrap-E

Scrap-E New Member

Name:
    E
    I've never been to be on a computer dealing with people. It was curiosity. In the 17 years I was trying to produce the perfect pit bull pet, I spent all my time and money on trying to make the perfect, or my perfect vesion of a wonderfull breed. I can take her anywhere off leash and never worry about her being aggressive towards any man or beast. I would rather give a dog away, than sell it to the wrong person. I will always take any dog back that I have produced. Also, I plan to have a health contract along with a clause requiring spaying/ neutering the pets.The last time I bred one of my pets was about 6 years ago.
  20. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    My thinking to...Shame how some peoples sick minds work. and If this is genuine then I feel for the poor girl being used.
  21. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    what - the staffy that has magically turned into a pit bull owned by the gentleman whose husband wanted a bulldog? :lol: