What is it about Crested dogs? Questions

Discussion in 'Chinese Crested' started by Insomnia, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie

What is it about Crested dogs?

I know this happens with lots of breeds, it does with my own breed for example...but recently I seem to be seeing several pictures of a decent sized pack of Cresteds...what is it about them that's made them so addictive? It's probably easier space-wise to have 8 Cresteds than 8 Greyhounds - but there must be more to it than size!
    I've never met a Crested in real life, but just wondered from the people on here what got them hooked?!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    I can't answer for CC's - but I think when you find a breed of dog that 'clicks' with you - if you have the time, space and resources - you get more :mrgreen:
  4. Pilgrim

Pilgrim New Member

Name:
    Liesl
    Well as you know I pick up my first CC on Saturday. So can't answer yet as to why they are so addictive............so watch this space:lol: :lol:
  5. beau

beau New Member

Name:
    nutmeg
    Congrats Pilgrim, I didn't know you were getting a CC, I look forward to hearing about your new baby and seeing lots of pics xx
  6. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    i got told you can never have one... i didnt believe them and just planned to have daph. however within a couple of months i was hooked, constantly at the breeders house, and before you knew it put my name down for another pup :roll: had to wait two years for him but he was worth it :grin:

i dont know why they are addictive... but i already want another, and asbo is only 4 and a half months old!!

i think to be honest with cresteds its their character. they got on well with everyone, they get on well with other dogs, theyre easy(ish) to train and very pleasing. plus they make you laugh! mine make me laugh every day :grin: they also drive me mad!!!! they have such a good fiesty attitude and act like a big dog. plus they love their cuddles, nothing better than climbing in bed surrounded by cresteds for cuddles :grin:

as addictive as i find them, i dont think i will always just have cresteds, theres alot of other breeds i like, and the good thing with cresteds is they except anything big or small :grin:

sorry im waffling :blush:
  7. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    Very true :)

Good luck with your pup and I look forward to hearing about your experiences! Are you getting the pup from a member on here? Forgive me if I've mis-remembered :blush:

Thanks - waffle away it's the kind of answer I was hoping for! It's great you've enjoyed having them so much and I love funny dogs too (Axel makes us laugh every day)...what other breeds do you think you'll get to compliment them?
  8. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    well to be honest i like so many different breeds, and the crested is such a laid back breed i think in terms of what dogs they can mix with. my breeder has cresteds, akitas and also a couple of cane corso she has rescued...
    i know of other breeders that have huskys and cresteds, great danes and cresteds so theyre pretty versatile :lol:

i like boxers and great danes and think my next dog will be one of these... but i also like bulldogs, and a few of the gundog group :blush: :lol: im lucky with the cresteds that they are a healthy breed, have an attitude that nothing phases them, and they will give or take how much excersise you want to give them, so my options are endless :lol:
  9. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    You have brainwashed by the cc's on this site ..lol
  10. Pilgrim

Pilgrim New Member

Name:
    Liesl
  11. beau

beau New Member

Name:
    nutmeg
    He is beautiful, congratulations x
  12. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee
    Can't wait to see or meet him :D Louie's 1st birthday is going to be awesome - if things go to plan that is :D:D:D

CC's have always been one of my favourites because they are unique. And there's a lot of comments be them good or bad - but you certainly get noticed! ;)

BTW - I though greys took up little space?
  13. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    Lots of choice for you then! Will be interesting to see what you pick :D

:lol:

Gorgeous! LOVE the colour!

They are unique indeed :D
    Greys do...compared to other dogs of a similar size, but I don't think their compactness can defeat a toy breed :grin:
  14. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    tbh I can not actually tell you why I have fallen for them so much - I just have, there is no other breed like them and no other breed I would want to be so involved in. I admire others breeds like BC, Spinones and will possible owns others - but its a fact I shall always have CCs around me.

A few thinks I like about them:
    They are a unquire, charming breed that wriggle their way under your heart. There is alot to learn and love about them - from someone that wasnt keen at first :002: I shall now always have them in my life. They are a smart breed that aims to please. Although they will go to anyone for a cuddle 'on their terms' they do attach them selves into one person, and that person will stay 'theirs'. They are so loyal - which can mak training them easy! I like the fact their a smaller breed - yet not bothered by much most of the times.
    All ours have wacky, quirky characters - yet all so different.

I dont want to offend but it does bug me to read comments about people liking the being noticed bit ect - there is far more to a CC than its looks!!
  15. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    Thank you for your reply :) I love hearing people talk about the dogs/breeds they love and why, it's great to try and understand that connection and it's the diversity that makes it so interesting!
    What other dogs are they comparible to size wise? I can't quite place them in my head...I was thinking they're about the height of a staffie but build of a manchester terrier? Am I way off?
  16. Pilgrim

Pilgrim New Member

Name:
    Liesl
    They are only small, 11-13", so roughly about CKC size, so Ludi will compliment Ozzy nicely:grin:

So far we are in love with Ludi's little high stepping gait, he looks like a little Hackney pony:lol: :lol: I have never had a dog with such fancy movement:grin:
  17. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Height wise females should be between 9 and 12 inches and males between 11 and 13 inches. Sizes can vary alont mind, alot in the ring at current are slightly over breed standard!
  18. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    That's a lot smaller than I thought! Thanks for clarifying :)
  19. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    slightly over :shock: :lol: there are some elephants :lol: mind you you have seen the pups dad and he aint small :lol: