What is the weather like there? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Been really nice here this week, lovely and sunny but not too hot.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Very difficult weather here to know how to dress. When we go out it's quite cold so jumper and fleece minimum. By the time we are ready to come home it's hot so we are sweltering.

Still, it's not exactly freezing and not boiling so not complaining too much
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I hope you get some respite soon @Malka. Seems to be mainly sunny days and cold nights here. Chas had to scrape frost off the car windscreen this morning, but it warms up quickly and we are only using occasional central heating. What's more, NO MUD YET!
  5. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    The weather changed quite drastically at the beginning of the week and it's gone from being hot to being really chilly, so much so that I'm now wearing my winter woollies.

At least it's not raining and I hope it stays that way because my grandson will be over next week and I want him to dig up my spuds for me plus do a few other outside jobs for me. My granddaughter will be here in the middle of October and she and I are going on a bus trip to Poland. Only 3 days but long enough to visit Auschwitz, Krakow and Zakopane. I'm really looking forward to it and mustn't forget to take my camera!
  6. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    CaroleC likes this.
    Lovely here in here Wales too. Managed 200 kilometres on the bike this week and some long sunny walks with the little man. Long may it continue.
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Wow! 200km. You will have muscles on your muscles.
  8. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    CaroleC likes this.
    I know. And overall I've done 1000km since july!
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Do
    Not
    Ask

I wanted to to to the macolet but only got half way up my ramp before I had to get back in and under the shower again.

Even Tikva will not stay outside longer than do a pee and poo.

October? Are it not supposed to start cooling down now?
  10. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Dry but suddenly turned colder.
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I promise I will not complain when winter comes - it is nowhere near as cold in winter as where everyone is but it can be cold for here.

Problem. All my winter clothes are packed in boxes everywhere because I am still in lightweight summer caftans and sandals and it really is very hot.

Yeah well, I will survive - once I have found my winter clothes!
  12. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    CaroleC likes this.
    Lovely again today in sunny Wales. But have the turbo trainer ready for when it's not, so I can still carrying on with my training and cycle round the world from the comfort of my living room! So going to make the most of it and take the little man for a stroll in a bit with his best friend.
  13. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    It was bright this morning, but has gone very cold here today. Nice to see the stars back in the frosty night skies though. Enjoy your walk Gareth.
  14. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Thanks. I wonder what Mischief he'll get up to today?
  15. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Been really nice here hot and sunny, so spent most of the day in the garden.
  16. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    It is very windy here today, not warm but not cold
  17. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Well about 3.5 hrs ago I said it was windy, but what I didn’t say is it’s a red flag warning day, means high fire danger. I stepped outside a few minutes ago and instantly smelled smoke and it’s very smoky outside. Called my neighbor and there are 3 fires, one maybe 10-15 miles away, another maybe 20-25 miles and a third is quite distant, at least 40-50 miles away. The winds are supposed to stay strong thru tomorrow night. The smoke is getting thicker across the canyon. I feel safe now but that could change in the next 12-24 hours if the winds keep blowing. I’ve brought the dogs inside and I doubt we will go for a walk today
  18. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    That sounds worrying. Hope the fires are soon brought under control.
  19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Bit smokey here but that is due to the balloons and kites. So much agricultural land has been destroyed. SIGH
  20. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    CaroleC likes this.
    The winds have died down and the smoke has cleared!!
  21. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    There will be more smoke tomorrow because it is Friday, but if the forecast can be believed, we might be getting rain in about a week! Rather late for our first rains but the sooner [and heavier] the better.

Problem - it has been so long since we had rain that Tikva will have forgotten what it is!