What is the weather like there? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Looks like we may be blown away today. Winds forecast at 44 miles per hour. I can already see the trees are tossing and turning through the window so wish us luck :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Not the best day for dog walking! I think we will stay out of the woods.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Cooling down, I think, but I still need the a/c on in the salon during mid-day/evening. Switched off the one in my bedroom some time in the night though - I keep the remote control under a pillow.
  5. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    We were dodging conkers in the park. Tons of them have come down :)
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    We went in the woods after all, as the alternative was to go, 'where the wind comes sweeping down the plain', (apologies to 'Oklahoma'). I kept one eye on the treetops for falling branches, but needn't have worried - lots of twiggy ones, but nothing large.
    The rain makes all the lovely Autumn, and evergreen, colours shimmer; I do love this time of year.
  7. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    It's raining and raining for over a week I'm really not liking it just wet and muddy the grass is growing but can't mow
  8. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    CaroleC likes this.
    It was sunny and almost 80 degrees today (unfortunately I was perched on a ladder for most of 7 hours). Supposed to be mid to high 70’s thru at least next weekend. Don’t hate me... we had 100 inches of rain 2 winters ago, twice average rain fall.
  9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I am glad you're not affected. I had been wondering how our US members had bee faring in the path of hurricane Michael. I'm not sure where Ezee, @Bulldogs4Life , is located, but I had seen some horrible mud soaked TV pictures from Georgia. How are you @mjfromga ?
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I know that Gareth @BronsonTheBulldog lives in Wales but I am not sure where, and from what I have read South Wales has been flooded, with some areas evacuated.

I hope everyone in that area is safe.
  11. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    CaroleC likes this.
    Chucked it down here today. We got very wet on our short walk today. Rosie was more than happy to get back to the car. Raincoat or not, she's not a wet weather girl :)
  12. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I heard there was also some flooding in France, hopefully it’s not effecting @My bear Yoji. It would be nice if it didn’t impact anyone... I’m on the opposite coast from where hurricane Michael hit last week, 3000 miles away. We don’t have hurricanes on the west coast but we do have earthquakes...
  13. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I’ve never used raincoats on my dogs. Bandit seems to not mind the rain. Last winter he’d lay out in the mud while he was getting rained on despite the fact he had a dry covered area he could have watched the outside from.. silly dog.
  14. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Eddie has always hated wearing jackets, sweaters or Tshirts. I used to feel so worried about him when I was working Tweed and he had to sit for hours in a cold car. All I could do was to give him lots of Vetbed and blankets, - but I needn't have worried, he was always OK.
    Merry looks really smart in her coat, and she knows it! She struts around like a show pony in her moss green softshell - and looks even more pony-ish when she wears it with her brown headcollar. She has a dual-layer Danish Design coat too, but she has only worn it once. It weren't many really cold days last Winter, and it does look a little bulky.
  15. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Rosie hates the wet and she also hates it when it's very cold. Hence, yes shoot me, she has a rain coat and a winter coat. She enjoys her walks far more when wearing them than when she gets drenched or is shivering so the coats stay :)
  16. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Just reread my own post. 'It weren't many ....'. I'm sure I didn't type that! The spirit in the machine.
  17. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Aww thanks for asking about us, things are just starting to get back to normal
    We have taking a bit of a battering really.
    Us personally are fine given the position of our house, but, a few of our friends houses has taken in river water as it came over the wall. It was an unbelievable sight. Here are a couple of photos, we have got off quite lightly compared to some other villages
    Here are a few photos of our village

Attached Files:

18. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Glad you are OK. How did you cope with exercising Yoji?
    What a pretty village you live in. Stay safe.
  19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It is such a worry when we all live all over the place - I hope Gareth @BronsonTheBulldog in Wales is OK but I am not sure not sure where, and from what I have read South Wales has been flooded, with some areas evacuated.
  20. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I think he is somewhere near to Merthyr Tydfil, but I don't know whether there were any floods in that area.
  21. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Glad to hear you’re ok. Seems like I was right to wonder given the water in those pictures...