What is the weather like there? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I’m laughing from the way you describe her acting in her coat.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    My geography has never been good and I never know how I passed O-level GCE in geography but I hope his area is safe.
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Hard to believe it’s the middle of October it’s a beautiful warm sunny day.
    and we haven't had to put heating on yet.
  5. Mrs Jordiroo

Mrs Jordiroo New Member

Name:
    Jordan
    The sun has just gone in here in Scotland looking rather over cast now. They say we may be in for snow at the end of this month. ‍♀️
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    We do get snow in the North but not where I live and so far it is still hot a bit hot.
  7. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    CaroleC likes this.
    I'm good thank Juli, we've had some bad rain and landslides nearby, but i'm quite high up so haven't had anything bad happen. I did see the extent of surrounding damage while out on my bike yesterday. Counting my blessings that i'm safe where i am.
  8. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I haven’t had to start my woodstove yet this year. Generally I’d have used it at least a handful of times by now. It was 58 degrees inside when I got up this morning. The dogs like it cooler so they were happy
  9. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    It’s a really pretty village, we are surrounded by vineyards which give us some perfect walks
    Yoji was fine for his exercise, we just went to some higher ground, we got wet from the rain and he walked in every puddle he could find
    Sadly, you may or may not remember, but, 20 minutes away from us we had a terrorist attack in a supermarket in a place called Trebes, a lady who lives there has had such tragic experience, her husband was the first man to be shot dead and in these floods only months later, both her parents have been washed away in the river and killed.
    I’m not sure how you cope with such pain....we were complaining about a leak in our roof......shame on us !
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am so sorry Phillipa - living where I do terrorist attacks are sort of normal - horrible as it sounds. But it is difficult understanding it happening in other countries, or why.
  11. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    That is terrible. That poor lady is going to need a lot of support. I'm sure that I would go under. These events really do serve to make us count our blessings.
  12. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    It's sunny here, but only just starting to warm up. It's been quite cold this morning around 10C

There are some terrible tragedies that make you wonder just how much the human spirit can take :(
  13. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    It was 80 degrees today which is good because at work we are framing in a new roof (above the old one, will tear it off after we finish new one). So I can work in a T-shirt!!

I did have a very annoying cricket in my house last night but I don’t hear it now. I can hear them tonight from outside and that sounds nice, but inside is super annoying
  14. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Haven’t seen or heard a cricket for years, same with Grasshoppers.
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I had a cricket in here the other week - nearly drove me loopy as I could not find where it was.
  16. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Beautiful spring like day here but seem to be a lot of wasps about.
  17. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave likes this.
    It is a nice day here too, except that OH appears to have had a mild mini stroke. Nothing frightening like the last time, he has just lost a segment of vision in one eye, and is on his second day of being passed from pillar to post. Our neighbour took him to the hospital yesterday, - they had told him not to drive as they would be putting atropine drops in the eye. He was sent home with a prescription, so they had to divert a couple of miles to a duty chemist on the way home last night. When we undid the prescription, it was a SINGLE 300mg aspirin tablet! I had two boxes of them in the drawer at home. He has been back for scans this morning, - told him his brain was a barren site!:017: I think he is to see a consultant next, so I'm hoping he will be back home soon.
    We have lots of squirrels this year. On one of our walks Eddie has a good off lead romp in an old Victorian graveyard, the oldest part of which has been overtaken by woodland - very Gothic horror looking! Well, I couldn't get him to come back this morning, he was having far too much fun chasing round from trees to memorials and back again. I'm sure the squirrels enjoy this game as much as he does, secure in the knowledge that he would never be able to reach them.
  18. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Oh Carole, I do hope he recovers fully and quickly. Always a worry.

Beautiful day here too. Was freezing this morning, but by about 11.30 am it had warmed up considerably. Had a lovely morning walk, brekkie and a McDonalds coffee. Our usual morning jaunt
  19. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave likes this.
    He is back - much to Eddie's relief. He has mithered to go out and check the drive every few minutes all day!
    The brain scan was clear, but there is some narrowing of the carotid artery, and his BP has gone very high for some reason. He has been given 2 changes of tablets, and some dietary advice!
  20. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    Sorry to hear about your OH wishing him speedy recovery x .
    Just had to say squirrels to Kyra and she would start looking for them, often following them along the tree tops.
  21. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    CaroleC likes this.
    I hope your OH is doing ok. My mother has had TIA, I’m guessing that’s what’s going on with him. My moms medications were changed as well as she has changed her diet some. She sounds fine, doesn’t seem worried and still works out at the gym with a personal trainer. She’s 79.

The weather here has been lovely. Was probably 80 degrees today and I still haven’t used my woodstove yet!! The no rain is a bit worrisome as we were in a 4-5 year drought until 2 years ago when we had double average rain fall, but last year was below average and we’ve had none so far this rainy season. It’s good for my job but not really good for anything else. The forests are very dry..