What is the weather like there? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It is bucketing down.
    It is cold.

And my duvet is still standing on the floor in its plastic covering as I cannot find anyone to [a] put it on my bed and put a cover on it.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I had heard that it was raining in Israel. An internet friend posted a photo looking over the fields, taken in the rain which she said was her Birthday present!
    Oh dear! I hope one of your friends drops in soon. i'm not trying to suggest that you attempt the impossible, but could you slit the plastic wrapping with a knife, and use the quilt without a cover for the time being. You deserve a little comfort.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It is not that sort of plastic covering Carole - it is like a plastic suitcase with a zip that opens round one of the smaller ends [I am not describing it very well, sorry], but the problem is that I honestly cannot lift it onto the bed to get the duvet out.

Amit had got it out a few weeks ago - during the summer it, and another two [or three duvets - Do Not Ask] plus a couple of spare pillows and spare I-do-not-know-whats, are in the cupboard space under the slats that the mattress sits on. It - the slats thingy, has to be lifted from the bottom [it has a heavy loop] and is fixed at the top end with springs that hold it up. Actually they are not slats but more like 2x1.

He was actually here this afternoon as he had got some Paracetamol for me, but was in a mad rush because of Shabbat coming in so early, and did not have time.

I am not exactly cold in bed - yet - still sleeping in just an oversized teeshirt - but I definitely could do with the duvet on if it stays cold like today, and guess which duvet was pulled out? The one Pereg had seizures on more than a few times, so it is stained. Never did smell though as I always draped it over chairs outside in the sun.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    A sad reminder.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    I do not think of it as a sad reminder because the Pereg I remember is the sz-free Pereg, who slept on my bed [together with Lexi until Lexi died in her sleep], cuddled up to me. And stained though it is, when the duvet has a cover on the stains do not show it somehow feels that Pereg is still with me. Just like I see her every time I open Breedia and see her as my avatar, looking out of the doorway at the world going past.

And just as I have a picture of Lexi as the wallpaper on my monitor.
  7. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Nice to see a storm named after me, which is a pretty accurate description! 'Storm Gareth' - Turns up, causes chaos and leaves a trail of destruction in its wake! :p
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    And that, dear Gareth, is exactly what I thought when I read about it! :043:
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Oh well, I should be shouting Hallelujah because the last few years of drought have broken, but it is still bucketing down again.
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    According to the various online newpapers I read, the UK/GB - or was it just England? - had the hottest Easter w/e for yonks. And here was I, freezing because it was cccccold, on and off rain, and even cccccccolder.

And then I read about storms in the UK/GB - yellow rain [???] - trees down - floods - and summer has all of a sudden hit us here!

I hope nobody on Breedia suffered from the storms.
  11. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I believe that at WELKS on Saturday, (Malvern), it was so wet and gusty, that the traders had to hang on to their stands. We were there the following day and it was good showing weather, we could really have been judged outside. What a difference a day makes. Our climate is so changable at the moment, you never know what to wear. At least there is no mud!
    The yellow rain would be dust from the Sahara. It just arrived as dust in the Midlands, and covered the cars. The following day it rained and washed it away.
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    This has been the first season to have broken the sixth year of drought, but still not enough. The water level of the Kinneret [Sea of Galilee] has risen 1.87 meters since the start of the rainy season, probably more but I do not have the latest figures, but it is still well below the red line though.
  13. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    It all depended on where in England you were, Juli. Here on the east coast, it was still jumper weather :).

The weather is so up and down it's difficult to know what to wear at the moment. In other words, a typical British spring.

Sweat shirt and fleece on today and was boiled. Same clothes yesterday and was cold. Forecast for both days the same.
  14. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    We had cracking Easter weather, along with loads of traffic queues everywhere, followed by gale force winds and rain, yesterday was tee-shirt weather today bit colder with a hint of sunshine.
  15. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    It's always a bit cooler here as we're right on the coast. Not that I mind because I'm not good in sweltering temperatures :).

Plus, of course, we go out all morning and stay in in the afternoons when the weather tends to warm up a bit. The traffic queues we did get - gridlocked. It was a record breaking Easter break in respect of the tourists flocking here. The businesses were well pleased. In fact so many came that they had to utilise the south beach area as a car park.
  16. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Chris B and CaroleC like this.
    According to the weather man here it was hotter in the Valleys than Barcelona last week. I always laugh at this countries mentality to hot/cold weather every year, because for some reason it always comes as a surprise to everyone! So i can imagine loads of Catalonians sitting at Cafes across the city saying to each other 'Oh Sergio i wish we were in Pontypridd, as i've heard it's hotter there. They are so lucky!!!
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Heatwave. And wildfires everywhere, no thanks to the incendiary balloons. And no, I will not/cannot be evacuated. To where?
  18. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Yes, I did wonder how you were coping. Tali's f'book post yesterday was a photo of her car dashboard - showing the temperature at 47°C! I really don't know how you cope. Air con I suppose.
  19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    We were warned of a heatwave and not to light bonfires for Lag B'Omer near or in possible dangerous places, and yes, it is HOT.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lag_BaOmer

But the the incendiary balloons did not help.

Cope? I do not know. What did I do before I had the a/c units? I cannot keep them all on all the time, just try to cope with the one in the salon during the day, and the one in my bedroom at night. At the moment I am sort of coping with the kitchen when I make Tikva's evening meal and put the a/c on for half hour - back room? It is not even summer yet.
  20. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    I can't cope with too much heat. The weather here at the moment is lovely. Sunny and pleasantly warm with a cooling breeze. My perfect weather :)
  21. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I say it year after year in the winter when I freeze - will never again complain about the heat in the summer, and here am I, complaining again and it it not even summer yet.

But it is hot. Very hot. And I can still smell the smoke everywhere.

Nothing I can do.