What is the weather like there? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Chas snapped them on his phone. I just tell them to Stop, Wait, and they do it.
    Treats have absolutely nothing to do with the process!
    I tell lies.:blush:
    My barometer has fallen quite a bit today, so I think we are in for some of the wet stuff too.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    CaroleC likes this.
    Handsome.
  4. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Bright but Cccccooooolllllddddd.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Yesterday it was sunny and quite pleasant. This morning when I surfaced it was to a dull, overcast, grey, damp, miserable, and a 'put-the-heating-on-now' day.

Just the sort of weather I do not need, as Nir was supposed to be coming to fit some solar-powered motion-sensor lights at the back of my bungalow. Nobody can actually break in as all side and back windows have grills on them, but it is extremely exposed and there have recently been some break-ins, and I do not fancy the idea of burglars getting too near to my place at night.
  7. Old

Old Member

Name:
    Don
    The Saharan dust makes it to Florida on occasion. Every year, I think. Small world sometimes.
  8. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Horrible storm today. A full size windmill has had its sails blown off, a static caravan roof has totally come off, trees down all over the town.

We have been lucky with just the greenhouse door off so far.

It's died down a bit now and is hopefully moving away. I've never seen wind, hail and rain like it
  9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Gosh Chris, that sounds fierce. I think we seem to have got off lightly. No damage and only one flooded road, that I have heard of. Lots of power behind all that wind and rain, and the dogs didn't want - or get - their walk this morning. The sun broke through at about 3 pm, and all is calm now.
    So glad our show was yesterday, I would have hated to be away from home in it.
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Old likes this.
    From what the newspapers say and from the look of the all the pictures, the weather looks horrific in Britain, so I am definitely not complaining about da booga refusing to go out this morning.

I hope everyone keeps safe, wherever you are.
  11. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    CaroleC likes this.
    Yeah, it's been biblical here too. I swear I just seen Noah going past in his Arc!
  12. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    still windy today, but more 'normal' windy.

Apparently, the next storm is waiting and is set to bring snow to the west coast. As we are on the opposite side it hopefully won't affect us, but who knows with this crazy weather we are seeing at the moment
  13. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Bright morning, breezy but not too cold.
    Currently - Snow, snow, thick, thick snow.
    Heavy rain forecast for 3 pm!

The dog car floor was like a fish tank today. I hope it is just a blocked drain hole ...
  14. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Old and GsdSlave like this.
    IMG_20200210_134248.jpg
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Brrrr - that makes me cold just looking at it Carole. Do you have to dig yourselves out?

[​IMG]
  16. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Thankfully, we only had a very, very light dusting of snow. The wind has picked up again though. I wish these storms would end
  17. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    The rain never arrived, and the temp. has dropped, so the snow is still with us. My two are past the age for playing in it, when I threw them a snowball each they looked at me as if I was mad!
    Stoke ground to a halt as it didn't occur to anyone to grit. A video on Facebook shows them pushing vehicles up the hill in the village. Our roads are in chaos anyway as 'they' are widening the ring road. The bottlenecks it is creating are way beyond an inconvenience. As we are used as a diversion route when there is an incident on the M6, things can only get worse.
    Well, that's off my chest now! Goodnight.
  18. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Winds, rain, snow, trees toppling, flooding, power outtages - what a nightmare, and the news is going on about another storm brewing to follow the current one which is affecting you.

I hope you all stay safe, warm, and dry and that winter is soon over.
  19. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
  20. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Storm Denis is moving our way. So far, not too bad and we are east so hopefully, won't get it as bad as the west coast. I think they've stored up these storms for the last few years to hit us all at once :(
  21. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Piddling down. Senior Beag is not happy - wants his walk.
    I take it that Dennis has arrived at yours - stay safe.