What is the weather like there? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    The dogs around our hamlet late this evening were all having a right old woof up, and the hunting hounds at the back of us a howl up..... of course Tootsy had to go out and put her penny worth in and show them how its done. … Im sure it had something to do with the moon thingy, which btw looked pretty darn big... Spooky.....
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Well we are back to rain and it feels cold. So the fire is on.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

[​IMG]
    Not really the weather to be stuck indoors :(
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Bright and breezy. Warm in the sun, but rather cool out of it.
  6. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    We haven't had any rain here for weeks... The garden is bone dry.. The farmers are going to have a bad hay harvest this year for sure... Weird times....
  7. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Piddled down nearly all day!
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    I think the weather has definitely turned until next winter now so I will have to start thinking about unpacking summer clothes and packing winter stuff away. Mid-season things are always kept out as with barely a couple of weeks between winter and summer and vice versa, there is no need to have much of it.

The clothes exchange will have to wait until tomorrow as today is catch-up-with-washing day. Yesterday was pack and freeze Tikki's turkey neck chunks, and change the bed day. As I can only do one "heavy" thing a day, ie something that involves being propped up on my feet [with frequent flonks back on Xanadu in the process] at least I can never be bored while stuck indoors B"H
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Tomorrow's forecast is for 30°C - ugh - dropping to 21°C and rain on Shabbat. It was so heavy and stuffy yesterday evening that I had to put the a/c on in the salon, and nearly put it on in my bedroom during the night.
  11. Old

Old Member

Name:
    Don
    With all the caution we’re using for the COVID, what’s going to happen when the hurricanes hit Florida and the Eastern Seaboard in a couple months?
  12. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Was lovely yesterday, today is wet and misty .
  13. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Started off looking as if it would rain, but I trusted the barometer and we have a blue sky and fluffy clouds now!
  14. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    So much for the heat wave its ‘chucking’ it down here.
  15. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Glorious here, but I'm sure you wouldn't want to move to the Costa des Canals just for a bit of sun!
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    In the mornings it is pleasantly warm. By midday it is rather warm. By evening it is very warm, and even with all the windows open there still does not seem to be any fresh air in the place.
  17. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    What a difference a day makes

sun-cream.jpg
  18. tundraman

tundraman New Member

Name:
    phil
    living in the desert cool in the morning and hot during the day
  19. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Malka and GsdSlave like this.
    Rained pretty much all day today which we badly need. The garden looks amazing, the Iris's are towards the end of flowering, we have hundreds of them and different varieties and colours. Now its the turn of the roses and shrubs. Spring and early summer is just a wonderful time of year in these parts of France. We have Hoopoo's feeding in our garden every day, they are interesting to watch them feed with their long pointy beaks and there call is pretty wacky as is the Oriole's, another unusual bird we hear in our garden, I say hear because it is very elusive and well camouflaged.
    To be honest I have to keep my bedroom window shut in the mornings cos the birds can be so damn noisy and wake me up.. who needs traffic noise when you've got a load of tweeters and squawkers outside...
  20. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    It sounds like paradise Andrew. Have you taken any photos?
    Has the lockdown affected you much? Lots of fresh local produce I suspect.
  21. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    There was quite a bit of rumbling thunder a couple of days ago and it seemed like it would rain - which it did - all of about a dozen spots! Then back to the pleasantly warm, rather warm, and very warm, and there still does not seem to be any fresh air indoors, even with all the windows and the door open.

Not quite summer clothes yet but it really is about time I unpacked all the summer stuff and packed winter things away, but I am procrastinating at the moment - as usual!