What is the weather like there? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Foggy overcast and drizzle sounds good to me.... Temps here well over 40, simply cant do anything little own take Tootsie for a walk.... grrrr....
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    I think that must have been here Vee. Apparently in parts of Lincolnshire it topped 37 degrees C. It was unbearable. Very hot again today but at least a little less warm than yesterday
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    I have a cousin in Lincolnshire and she said it was sweltering on Friday.
    Yesterday was lovely today more sunshine with slight breeze which suits me fine.

@ Andrew I have a friend who lives in Spain who I skype quite often, he says it's murder and doesn’t go into pool until midnight, I know I moan about the weather here but I couldn’t cope with that constant heat.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I have to admit that although I have the a/c on in the salon I also have a small fan under the table to keep my feet a bit cool.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I know it has been very hot in England today but how can this be enjoyable, especially in the current circumstances...

[​IMG]
  7. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    They all pile into the coastal areas and the residents of the areas have to stay home because of it :(. Roll on September when, hopefully, the kids finally go back to school
  8. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
  9. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Sunny but with a lovely cool breeze here this morning. Nice walking weather :).
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
  11. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I'm fed up of sweat dripping out of my hair - but I'm fed up anyway this week as the Preston lockdown has seen off the second attempt to stage Blackpool Champ Show. With the luxury of their own showground, the committee had planned social distancing down to a fine detail - including individual tent/gazebo pitches for those who wished to use them, and the entries were due to open this week. LKA Champ show, (NEC in December), also gave up the ghost this week, and Paignton, ( mid September), is the only General Ch. Show still standing - just too far for us. The majority of breed clubs have cancelled their shows for this year, but one or two of the Beagle clubs are still hoping be able to go ahead with rescheduled dates November.
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    How disappointing for you Carole - that means that everything since Crufts has been cancelled up to now, I think.
  13. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Silly me - It is Bournmouth not Paignton that is still standing!
    Yes, @Malka Crufts was our last show - that one just sneaked under the wire.
  14. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    CaroleC likes this.
    Things aren't looking good for the rest of the year Carole. If he closed the pubs it might help, but there doesn't seem to be any signs of him doing that.

It's been quite cool here today. The sun is only just deciding to put in an appearance, but I much prefer it a little cool than too hot
  15. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    So hot today - maybe not by your standards @Malka - but it has been over 80°F this evening in our coolest room. Now, starting just before 11pm., we seem to be at the heart of a massive electrical storm. Spectacular sheet and forked lightning and continual rolling thunder, but not a drop of rain! We have been promised that the storm will re-visit this area several times during the night
    We missed last night's storm, which caught North Wales and Lancashire, but was only visible here as sheet lightning towards the West.
    It has taken half an hour to appear but now we have gentle rain too. The temperature has dropped to 78 and it feels much more comfortable.
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I should be so lucky to have rooms that temperatures without the a/c being switched on in each one and I have no idea how I coped without it. I do not keep all of them on all the time, just mainly the salon during the day and my bedroom at night [I usually switch that one on around 10pm because that room is like an oven by then and it needs a good couple of hours to go down], and I can cope with having them set on 26°C [78.8°].

It is a good thing that I cannot go out as I loathe the heat outside and having not been out for so long and being in the comfortable temperature indoors, the heat outside would probably feel even worse now

But do not forget how I freeze in the winter as this ancient place has no insulation, and it costs a heck of a lot more to heat then than it does keep the place cool in the summer. There never seems to be a happy medium here for more than a couple of weeks between roasting and freezing. I just hope I do not get flooded yet again this coming winter.
  17. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    CaroleC likes this.
    On days like today and for the previous week or so, I truly envy you your air conditioning Juli. As you know, in the UK, our air conditioning is opening the windows because we don't get enough hot weather to warrant having AC installed. Oh how I wish though because I'm on melt down today :)
  18. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Chris, it has taken me 35 years to get to the situation where I have a/c units in each of my rooms. I did not even have a small fan or a small heater for quite a few years and it is only since I moved into this bungalow 20 years ago where I actually managed to get more than one fan and one heater.

Still, I was brought up in a house with just a coal fire in the living room [which was hogged by Father so the rest of us froze] and a small Rayburn in the kitchen for hot water, which kept that room warm. Trouble was that it also had to be kept alight in the summer in order to get hot water.

Jack Frost on the bedroom windows -
    [​IMG]
  19. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Thought we had escaped the rain but the heavens opened this morning, luckily it didn’t last to long and sunny again.
  20. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Temperature got up to 104 yesterday and was 86 inside when I got home from work to let the dogs out. Between today and Wednesday the lowest high temperature is supposed to be 96. They are predicting 99 for today.
  21. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Much more comfortable here in France, temps hovering around 25 degrees..... Lovely....