What is the weather like there? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    It's finally stopped raining for a bit, hope everyone is safe after storm Bella.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Queensland blue

Queensland blue Member

Name:
    S
    Been raining here , the pup wanted to go do something on some adventure and was going stir crazy ,
    So I put the dogs on the ute and went for some takeout, then let them run around a bit out a bush track while I ate.
    Then investigated some bush tucker.

then we got back and let them run again in a vacant field for their rabbit sniffing adventure.
    Got a little bit wet not too much , we got it done in the end and met the quota , now they’re happily resting .
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    We seem to have alternated between cold, very overcast for days on end, then bright and sunny days which are probably warm outside but are still very cold for me indoors.

After the first lot of heavy rains which flooded half the country, people having to be rescued from cars that got swept away in floods etc - as well as flooding my shower/loo room with muddy yuck for the first time this year, so far whatever rain we have had has not flooded me again - yet. It did take me ages to be able to clear most of the muddy yuck residue from the shower/loo room once it had drained [no help, of course] and also quite a few days for the huge lake that most of my back yard had become to also drain.

Temperatures during the day hover around 20°C dropping to around 10°C at night. No doubt we will be getting more heavy rains in the next month or two. Hopefully my shower/loo room won't flood again though as it stinks the place out for days afterwards.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    No words needed. At least we are not flooded.
    IMG_20201228_093157.jpg
  6. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I cleared the snow from the cars on Monday - just in case we needed to get out.
    Yesterday it snowed again, so Chas cleared the windscreens last night.
    Today, when we got back from risking life and limb, (ie. walking the Beagles), he cleared the driveway exit and the roof of the car - ready to go to Tesco after lunch.
    Then it snowed again!
    OK, I give up. I'm going to have a nice warm bath instead.
  8. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Though nippy at night, It’s been really lovely here the last to days lovely sunshine which is warm and no wind,
  9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    The snow from last week is still sitting on the grass, and it has had another go this morning. The major roads are clear, but nobody bothers with cul de sacs these days, so the footpaths are icy and rutted. However, the shrubs do look pretty in the morning with their furry white jackets of frost.
    A week ago,
    And just now - forgive my dirty windows.
    As you can see, the bin men have still not been.

Attached Files:

10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    More snow - and some more forecast for later.
    The people who say that we don't have proper winters anymore are keeping very quiet.
  11. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Back to rain here all morning, stopped now and we’ve got sunshine.
  12. Queensland blue

Queensland blue Member

Name:
    S
    CaroleC likes this.
    Wet season here , ex tropical cyclone making things wet
  13. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Antipodean Beagle friends are posting temperatures of 42°. Such a big country - it's amazing what a weather range you get.
    We still have the snow, but no new stuff and it is thawing. I'll.be complaining about the mud next week!
  14. Queensland blue

Queensland blue Member

Name:
    S
    Yes and we have been having the hottest years on record lately , seems we are breaking weather records for the months too .

My brother has a beagle also down south Carole, he tells me it has been an escape artist.
    He said all the neighbors when they see it would bring it back and put it back in the yard for them as they knew where it came from .

he also said it used to be more trouble and now it has gotten fat it lays around more .
    He said the cat would catch more rabbits than it , I told him about a pic I think malka posted of the beagles getting into mischief and he agreed .
  15. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    It has been very cold and rainy here in SW France and Tootsy didn't have a walk for 2-3 days so she was busting. Today, Saturday the sun was out in the morning with a heavy frost on the ground, so an ideal day for a frosty morning walk. As per usual 5 mins into the walk Toots found a couple of animals in the wood and did her screechy... look what I've found.. noise.
    The only problem was, not in the too far distance came the shots of the hunters, followed by the constant howling of the hunting dogs the likes were coming straight towards us.
    I called Toots, who is never close by, but she did return for a change, seconds later was followed by a pack of howling hunting dogs. I was worried cos you never know what a pack of dogs may do...... however they all kind of blanked us and carried on with their hunt, howling and following different animal trails, it was a sight to behold.... Toots in the meantime cried with excitement joining in with the hunting dogs joy of being free and doing there thing..... crazy stuff
  16. Queensland blue

Queensland blue Member

Name:
    S
    We have a cyclone formed off the coast now they have called kimi, category 1 and will hit the coast as a cat 2 tomorrow morning .

Took the dogs for a drive on the ute , it was rainy .

will have to sneak out between showers for a walk today , or in light rain .
  17. Queensland blue

Queensland blue Member

Name:
    S
    Ended up putting gum boots on and a rain poncho to walk the dogs , it rained heavy as we were about to leave and we went anyway .
    The dogs were excited to run around in the rain , it certainly didn’t bother them in the least.

I let them run in a paddock where there is a channel that they splash in when it’s rainy .

tomorrow should be interesting with the cyclone , I brought some things that may get blown around the yard and put them in .

as long as the dogs can go out for a piss safely !
  18. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Your braver than me,,, I'm a fair weather dog walker I guess....or need to buy a poncho...
  19. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Hit 70 degrees today
  20. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Cold. Windy. Dull. Miserable. That was during the day. Thunderstorms and rain started some time during the evening and I had to wait for a break in the rain before convincing Tikva to go out for a pee so I could put her to bed. That was about half past midnight. It's still thundering and raining hard and I am still up at stupid o'clock because I dropped my pill box when I went to take my evening lot - and a week's pills got scattered all over the floor. Minus this morning's ones.

Hopefully I have picked them all up now but I'll have to skip tonight's ones and refill the box tomorrow. Or rather today as it is coming up to 2.50am on Monday already. The pills I can manage without but from the sound of the rain I have a nasty feeling my shower room will flood again.
  21. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    It’s 12:30am and it’s warm and windy.60 degrees with 20 plus mph winds. You can hear the wind blowing and howling outside, trees rubbing together, branches falling. My guess is some of the gusts are much more than 20 mph. Will carefully take the dogs outside for what is hopefully them doing whatever it is the need to do quickly.

it’s also very dry out, low humidity. We’ve had very little rain thus far
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021