What is the weather like there? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I love this
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    I hope you like the following then, because I "borrowed" your comment about your Canadian friend turning up for the ice hockey in shorts and flip flops [mentioning no names, of course, and this was the response from a Canadian:
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    And in Britain, when there's an inch of snow and the Southerners freeze, Northerners just say, 'You'll need your big coat'.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Snow is forecast for Jerusalem later this week. 10mm of snow and the city will be cut off from the rest of the country, but have no fear, these are ready for action:

SNOW PLOW.jpg
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Wow, they were in their shorts on the beach on our news tonight! The item was actually about the slow down in the take up of vaccination in Israel, and the lack of social distancing.
    We have had a thaw today but sadly the snowdrops and crocuses that were braving the freeze have now given up the ghost!
    The birds are enjoying the brighter weather though. A pair of Lesser Spotted Woodpeckers are cavorting in the bluebell wood and, judging by the tiny poos on our wall, we have baby Hedge Sparrows in our Holly tree. Welcome signs of Spring, but more cold weather is forecast for next week.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    You mean on the beach here? It has actually been quite warm the last few days, and if it was here do not forget that the Mediterranean is quite often reasonably warm. I have been in the sea [in the past] during winter months although it is rather cold when you get out. And kids and teenagers have been out in teeshirts and shorts while I have been sitting here with the heating on!

There has been a slow down of vaccinations but we are still ahead in the number of of vaccination per 100 people.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

But people are getting complacent again and the number of new infections is going up again. And guess what - most restrictions are being lifted again. Masks and social distancing still in effect, but as usual, complacency wins. SIGH.
  8. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    CaroleC and Malka like this.
    20 degrees in the sun today, my 1st walk this year in shirt sleeves. Such a big change after our freezing December and January weather when temps barely ever rose above freezing. Saying that Toots gets overheated and always lies in a muddy puddle to cool off... Grrr.. I have to bath her after every walk..
    The little dot is Tootsy running towards me today on our walk down the lanes and into the woods.. I've zoomed in to prove it... lol
    EX1S3702 (2).JPG EX1S3702.JPG
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    The storms hit us last night. Snowplows out in the north and in high areas, hailstones that I thought would smash through my roof, heavy rain and flooding everywhere - roll on summer, I promise to never complain about the heat again!

10. Queensland blue

Queensland blue Member

Name:
    S
    Wild and wooly weather about then , is this usual for where you live ?

some of the stuff lately seems a bit unusual like in Texas .
    I always thought Texas was a warm place ,
    I can’t imagine ever getting snow here in north Australia !
  11. Queensland blue

Queensland blue Member

Name:
    S
    Well it’s still wet season here , so while it’s raining I put on a jacket I used to wear when I worked at the airport years ago to let the dogs run .
    The rain didn’t stop them for going for a swim though .
    Good day for them sitting and chewing bones ,
    Then our second walk was again in the wet , seems a good time for sniffing rabbits and bouncing in the grass .
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Snow at high levels is not unknown but not that frequently, and usually earlier than this. Storms yes, with flooding in areas where the drains cannot cope - including my little bungalow, but I can only remember a couple of times that there has been hail here.

I haven't checked the situation today yet as the storms are causing the internet to keep dropping, but did get notification from the supermarket where I do my online grocery shopping that "due to the weather conditions, deliveries may be delayed". As I will not want my next delivery until the 28th I am hoping that the weather will be back to normal by then.
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Snow at high levels is not unknown but not that frequently, and usually earlier than this. Storms yes, with flooding in areas where the drains cabut I can only remember a couple of times that there has been hail where I live.

I haven't checked the situation today yet as the storms are causing the internet to keep dropping, but did get notification from the supermarket where I do my online grocery shopping that "due to the weather conditions, deliveries may be delayed". As I will not want my next delivery until the 28th I am hoping that the weather will be back to normal by then.
  14. Queensland blue

Queensland blue Member

Name:
    S
    One thing about second hand stores in the tropics is it’s very inexpensive to buy warm winter clothes !

I think maybe people move somewhere warm and then don’t need their old clothes from the cold , or buy them for a holiday to the snow then after them sitting in the closets , donate them to the second hand stores .

I imagine summer clothes being cheap in the cold places by the reverse logic of that .

if the snow ever arrives I’ll be ready !
    Somethings are too cheap to not buy when you see them for a rainy or snowy day .
  15. Queensland blue

Queensland blue Member

Name:
    S
    I see camels laying in the snow in Saudi Arabia , and Lebanon got snow , all the way across the Middle East actually .

some good high mountains over there ,
    However the snow in Texas just reminds me of a movie !

it’s called “the day after tomorrow “

where the earths changing climate causes massive arctic storms over North America and people die .
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    My last post appears to be missing part of the first paragraph [Firefox crashing yet again]. It is still raining and my back yard is like a gigantic pond but thankfully so far the drains have not backed up gunge and yuck through the shower drain hole. But as I say, it is still raining...
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Snow in Jerusalem today.

18. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
  19. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name: