What is the weather like there? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Queensland blue

Queensland blue Member

Name:
    S
    saw the mice plague yesterday too , funny how sometimes we have to get the news from foreign sources, when I hadn’t heard anything about that here .
    It was video of a farm or grain silos in New South Wales .

I do remember a mouse plague when I was a kid and went somewhere , however the stories of mouse plagues were generally from the older generations day .

as for that big wet down south , one front came from across the other side of the country and met up with the first wet , so it’s going to continue and it ain’t done yet .

I always feel for the animals , while the humans complain about the money these things cost ,
    Although the disaster is going to leave lots and lots of infrastructure needing to be fixed .
    So lots of work , plus being a busy city I imagine it will throw major spanners in the works for getting around town .
    The roads and bridges destroyed
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Something a wee bit unusual happened to me this morning but not totally unexpected.... Toots has been returning to the house with blood all round her mouth and smudged around her face.. I kind of guessed what was going on but this morning kind of put my mind at rest.. I opened the front door to find a calf's afterbirth on my doorstep...She has been popping up to the farm and helping herself to a gourmet dinner... Tootsy loves to bring us presents hence it being on o the doorstep... This one however was not what I wanted to see first thing in the morning .... With much gagging I bagged it up and put it in the wheelie bin down the road....
    My question is.. is this type of food good for Tootsy to eat or bad... The only problem I have is that I am worried she will put on too much weight especially as she is such an energetic little dog.. I always keep an eye on her weight because of this and I think she is a wee bit porky at the moment...lol.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    32°C [89°F] at 10:30am - come back winter, all is forgiven.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Dropped to 19°C [67°F] at 8pm. That is a big drop from this morning and very noticeable.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
  7. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Andrew, there is a possibility the cow/s were/are infected but there is also a possibility that they were not infected. From that article I gathered that the infection in cows is a main cause for them to abort foetuses, so if the calves were born live one could assume that the cows were healthy.

Placenta is full of protein and being fresh it would be tasty, and Tootsie obviously fancied a snack or two - I am sure that Tikva would be delighted to have it freely available! I think that if you are the slightest bit concerned, maybe a word with your vet might set your mind at rest.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I should have kept my fingers off the keyboard on Tuesday because winter has come back with a vengeance. We have had rain and although Wednesday and yesterday I managed without any heating until the evening, it has had to be on all day today. I went into my bedroom earlier and it was like an icebox again so I'll have to put the heating on in there for a while before I go to bed.

To add insult to injury our clocks went forward at 2am so we are now on summer time as well. :rolleyes:

We are also under curfew again now until Sunday evening because of Passover.
  10. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Been really high winds here, and done in our TV aerial, so another job for hubby.
  11. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    It was very nice here today, got up to 76. This is second night in a row I haven’t had to light the woodstove, although I did use it this morning. Later in the week we might be pushing into the low 80’s. Only a 30% chance of rain next Sunday and no other rain likely for next 10 days. We have had almost no rain this winter, which is worrying. Had not much rain last winter either.
  12. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    We have had the lot over the weekend, even a little snow and hail - at the same time. Bright and breezy today, and we are promised even better for tomorrow - before we are pitched back into the cold and rain again. :(
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Huh. Last week I was having to put the heat on in the salon from around 7pm, and in my bedroom for a couple of hours to warm it up before I went to bed.

Sunday was lovely. Nice and pleasant. All windows open all day and the only one closed at night is the one in the salon as it is in the front and closes to the pavement - the others will no doubt stay open day and night until winter, with just the trissim closed at night.

Yesterday morning when I opened the door to let Tikva out the heat hit me - hard. Mini panic while I tried to remember which icon on the remote control for the a/c is for cold - and it had to stay on all day. Same thing today, but at the moment I can manage with just the three windows in my bedroom open all the time so don't need the a/c on in there. Yet.

And I really, really, really want to be able to go out - even if it is just for a quick buzz up and down the road, as there is no way Hai will allow me to go into the macolet for the foreseeable future.
  14. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Been lovely here last few days, though nippy at night.
  15. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    The cold snap has been and gone and the last few days has got warmer and warmer. Yesterday temps up in the mid 20's so no complaints there. The big problem is we have had no rain, the garden is dry as a bone and the local farmers are going to suffer as a consequence, no rain means very little hay for the livestock. All very strange..
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Three days heatwave then winter is back. The weather not only changes day by day but also hour by hour, and is so impossible that sometimes during the course of just one day it is necessary to go from winter clothes to summer clothes and back again, almost hourly, taking layers off and then putting them on again.

It is very unsettling.
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It is hot. Very hot. And we have just had a four hour power cut so Tikva and I melted!
  18. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    I feel for you. Hot weather and I do not get along.
  19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am not very good in the heat - and with absolutely nothing to do [no computer, no television, reading a problem] I was absolutely stuck, just sitting here staring outside waiting for the power to come back on again.
  20. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    It’s 92 and it’s just shy of 1pm... tomorrow and Friday supposed to be 100. Saturday still mid to high 90’s. Tonight it’s only supposed to cool of to mid 60’s. Dogs have wondered why I left them home the last two days when I went to appointments.
  21. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    We're supposed to be at 103 today. 110, 109, 103, and 100 the next four days. Then it should drop back down to mid/high eighties.

I hate the heat. I'm holed up for the duration.