What is the weather like there? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Helidale

Helidale Member

Name:
    Carole
    I'm sure it will be worth it. I have a couple of friends who have had cataract ops and have been pleased with the results.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    CaroleC likes this.
    My mum had cateracts sorted in both eyes - one at a time.

She only needed her glasses for reading after that so I have everything crossed for a similar result
  4. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    77 degrees. Might hit 80 later this afternoon
  5. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    79 here now, should reach 84. Tornado-dog feels it when we play ball. He has to stop and rest between throws.
  6. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    We hit 79 and it’s already dropped to 76
  7. rheel287

rheel287 New Member

Name:
    Slee
    March 27th and woke up to snow, wind, and a temp of high 20s and that looks like that's how we'll enter April. We've been known for snow (and once a blizzard) in April, but that was some years ago.
  8. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
  9. rheel287

rheel287 New Member

Name:
    Slee
    Central-Upstate New York.
  10. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    CaroleC likes this.
    96 degrees. I’m sitting inside with the AC on. It’s undersized for this room. I had to take the cover off and clean it this afternoon before I put it in the window. By that time it was 81 inside. It’s cooled off to 78 inside now. I’ve two fans going as well. One dog in front of each one. It’s very loud inside. Not exactly relaxing. But I’m not sweating!!!!
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    I do not know what it is like outside but Tikva will not stay out for a second longer than necessary, so I guess it is hot. @who owns who - Marc, are window a/c units noisy? My units are small ones that are high up on the wall and they do not make any noise at all - very effective even though they are not that powerful, but my rooms are small so these are fine.

So far we are only hitting the 30s C but no doubt it will get much hotter.
  12. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I really don't know how you and your dogs cope. I would be reduced to a greasy blob on the bed! Here it is a pleasant 69 indoors, a similar temp. in the shade outdoors. It is warm in the sun but there are patches of dark cloud - we could well have a shower this afternoon.
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    The back of my bungalow, ie the kitchen, back room and my bedroom, are currently like ovens. I put the a/c on in the kitchen when I get Tikva's supper [it works almost instantaneously] and put the one in my bedroom on at around 11pm. Tikva does not go to bed until maybe 12:30am - 1am and I follow around 3am but because the room gets so hot [it faces west and it totally exposed as there is nothing behind me but the agricultural fields, it takes an hour or so before the a/c cools it down. That unit will be set on 26°C and will stay on until I surface. The unit in the salon is now on from when I surface until I go to bed, and usually 26° is OK as well. Not cold but comfortable. I turn them down to 24°C when summer really hits.

I only put the unit in the back room on if I am going to be in there for more than a few minutes as otherwise it is just a room I go through when going to my bedroom.
  14. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    We’ve hit 98 degrees again. Yesterday hit 90. I worked yesterday, but not today. The dogs and I are enjoying the AC, it’s 75 inside.
  15. Helidale

Helidale Member

Name:
    Carole
    We hit 75 indoors last night too - no A/C though. 98° must be torture.
    Another warm day today, but the humidity is not too bad - yet.
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I have no idea what the temperature is outside as the only times I go out of my home is on Tuesday and Saturday late evenings, around 11pm - to put my bag of rubbish in my wheelie bin, by which time the heat has eased off. Indoors I have the a/c on in the salon all day, but only on 26°C [78.8°F] and the same temperature all night in my bedroom. As and when I am in the kitchen or the back room for any length of time, I put the units on in those rooms, but also only on 26°C.

How I survived before I had the a/c units, I will never know - but I probably moaned non-stop about how hot it was!
  17. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    How are our UK members doing with the heat?
  18. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    They have probably all melted, Marc! How are you doing these days - any better?
  19. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Too hot to do much, but not as bad as I expected - I have been sleeping under a sheet for about 3 weeks now. Tally is feeling the heat today, she usually sun-bathes outside, but she has taken over the hall which has a wooden floor. It's 78°F in my coolest room, and 83 in the south-facing ones, and I'm trying to capture as much air current as I can. I think it will get worse towards tea-time as the humidity builds.
    The garden will suffer - the lilac and bamboo leaves are curling, but no doubt they'll be back next year.
    I guess these are no more than normal temperatures to you! I bet Chas is uncomfortable, he has gone to hospital for a body scan. He's travelling in our neighbour's car, and I don't think it has A/C.
  20. Helidale

Helidale Member

Name:
    Carole
    Finally settled at 84 - 85 throughout the house.
    dread to think what outside. The garden thermometer was reading 42°C but when I did the conversion 107.6 F, I find that hard to believe.
    Had enough now, lets have some cool breezes.
  21. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    We’ve hit 100, but it stopped there, probably because I live in a coastal mountain range. I hope the weather pattern brakes soon