Whats an Irish Staffie? Discussions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Jessica, Dec 26, 2008.

1. leonlewis

leonlewis New Member

Name:
    Leon
    my staffy is a from a shelter and is not known wether or not it is kc registered but ive spoke to many people with lots experience with staffys and there all sure that she is definatly a full staff and has all the prominent charicteristics of a full staff.. ive had her tested for health problems her eyes have been tested and shes in perfect health i dont have the money to go looking for the perfect staff i cudnt care less if its an inch to small or its ears point more than usual or its hind legs are to big.. the fact is im guna breed her to get some pups ive got family members who want some pups and if theres any left ill take my time finding them homes.. im not doint this to make any money.. i do how ever wanna in 1 way or another breed dogs and im sure most decent breeders started of one way or another in a situation like this.. granted the irish staff is not a good idea im now on the look for a good stud and i think ive found one
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    OMG :shock: :shock: :shock:
    That makes it even worse,you are going to breed from a rescue bitch :shock:
    I'm sorry but you won't get any support on this forum,that is so unethical and wrong.

Breeders do have to start somewhere ,your correct,however not by breeding to any old dog and certainly NOT from a rescue.
  4. Krusewalker

Krusewalker

Name:
    kiwi
    considering you state you have first hand knowledge of the staffy rescue problem, your decision is even more alarming now.

as one who does work in rescue myself, the fact you say you got an unspayed bitch from a rescue that's able to be bred gives me doubt as to the validity or ethical standards of this rescue organisation you mention.

good decision re your 'irish staffie' contact.

you say you want to breed dogs one way or the other
    a good starting point is usually to ask yourself why?

sounds like your girl may be staffy, but that would be 'purebred', not predigree.
    pedigree only comes with a KC certificate.
    im not saying one or other is right or worng, that isnt the issue.
    the issue re breeding her are all the ones that have already been mentioned, the primary one being the unwanted overpopulation of this particular breed resulting in many getting put to sleep, so if you breed, some staffies somewhere will be killed.
  5. Brundog

Brundog New Member

Name:
    Dani
    i am sorry but I cannot even contemplate what planet you live on Leonlewis.

I hope to god you are a troll, ,because if you are genuinely going to breed from your rescue bitch then you are truly the lowest of the low.

People like you shouldnt own a hamster let alone a fantastic breed like a staffie - go away will you?

I spend my whole time trying to save dogs from people like you and you honestly make me sick.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  6. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    hey - how about waiting till you have finished school and can punctuate and spell? I`m sure proper breeders can.
    Sweetie - you`re either a troll or a twonk.
  7. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    Another thing,
    If you don't have the money to go looking for the perfect Staff,how the hell can you afford to raise a litter of puppies properly,this costs money,what if your bitch needs a C-Section @ £1000+ what if the pups need vet care ?

Someone needs to think this through properly! :evil:
  8. Mum To Many

Mum To Many New Member

Name:
    Angie
    The shelters are full of unwanted staffies, I have a rescue one myself, why are they full of unwanted staffies, because of people like you.
  9. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    Good lord, not another one. *Sighs*

Why is it that these threads always seem to attract complete doils.

At least he's not as rude as the last couple have been.
  10. longford

longford New Member

Name:
    james
    lol what a load of ********, you wonder why there are dogs in shelters after reading that lot some people seem to think the dogs you breed will be the same as the one sat at your feet, I will have to try that breed a small stafford with a large stafford so I can make medium sized dogs lol.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2010
  11. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    [mod edit/quote removed]

There is a breeding section on this forum, why don't you have a look over there, you may find the info you seek.

It can be found under dog forums, dog activities, breeding. But don't expect not to be questioned, and have your answers analysed and challenged if needs be. People on here will be honist with you, some being more tactfull than others about it.

You could also try getting some books on breeding. Many can be found on places like amazon, and are quite reasonably priced at least on there.

If it is def staffies you want to breed, than why don't you try contacting some one within the breed club/society. They shouldbe able to point you in the direction of a good breeder or two, who should be able to advise you on what to look for when selecting a suitable dog/bitch for breeding, health tests to do, and what you're getting yourself into.

Hope you find this more usefull to you.
  12. Brundog

Brundog New Member

Name:
    Dani
    [mod edit/quote removed]

personally I dont care what names you call me - carry on it makes you the lesser person not me.

Ultimately you still dont have a clue,. ANY rescue dog should not be bred from.... full stop.
    If you need us to point out that breeding your staffie without papers with all the staffies around in shelters is not a good idea, then I do question which planet you are on.
    And quite frankly I stand by every word I said. There are plenty ways of finding out about breeding - stick it into google and you will get 20 hits on the first page all telling you the first thing to do is to make sure your dog is the best of its breed, fully health tested and of sound temperament. its not rocket science.

hopefully you are being truthful that you wont breed - I sincerely hope you get your bitch speyed.
  13. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Hi Leon , your last post has been removed because it breaks several rules.
    Please take the time to read our Posting Guidelines and Terms of Use before posting again, obscene language will not be tolerated here.

You may also find this article written by one of our members of interest..
    http://www.dogsey.com/dog-articles.php?t=12589
  14. spaznchevy

spaznchevy New Member

Name:
    Madelyn
    im so glad we dont have the "pitbull" problems here in the us they are only illegal in a few states or cities otherwise you can own any dog u want:)
  15. AshMan

AshMan New Member

Name:
    AshMan
    o how i hope for this day. (though i worry wether i will be able to find a good amstaff here for quite a long time)

i really hope dude doesnt go through with his breeding though.

My cousin asked me if i could find a bitch to breed my bruce with as her son was begging for a dog (which i did encourage- rightly or wrongly)
    I gave her the number for sunnyside kennels
    great as bruce is he wouldnt be bred to the best bitch in the world.
  16. nllewellyn03362

nllewellyn03362 New Member

Name:
    nicola
    i own a irish blue staff,(in fact we had three in the family) he has been blood line tested, and contains no trace of a pit bull. he is tallert than an average staff but as friendly and trustworthy as any
  17. Krusewalker

Krusewalker

Name:
    kiwi
    blood line tested how?
  18. dave g

dave g New Member

Name:
    dave
    Irish staffs are just the old school staffs, about 19ins tall weighting anythink up to 50lbs, alot say they are pitbulls but they are not, they might have pitbull blood in them as they were one of the fighting dogs sent over to the usa in years gone by...
  19. billyboo

billyboo New Member

Name:
    suebo
    i have irish blue staffie hes wonderfull and gentle he was used as a bait dog was rescued from the pound by my other half . ive been fostering many other staffies and can honestly say the blue boy has the best temprement. easier to train very intelegent dog, i love all staffie i have 3 in all, they all get on together another girl and a boy who had been our puppy, very happy trio, they may known as pits but i see passed the names of any dog there all companions to us all what ever the breed and as long as there cared for properly and respect other people in parks and open spaces cant see we all cant live along side each other,
  20. scottyvdub

scottyvdub New Member

Name:
    SCOTTY
  21. sueann

sueann New Member

Name:
    suey
    honestly! some people are just soooooooo unreasonable... how dare you expect to be able to just walk your own dog on a public street at just any old time YOU choose... honestly!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: