Where's my breed's section!? Info

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Azz, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz

Where's my breed's section!?

If your breed is missing, let us know here - and we will put it at the top of our to-do list :D

To begin with, we plan to add all the breeds recognised by the main country registries. However, Breedia is intended to be a breed encyclopaedia, where we cover every breed or type of dog known to man! Whether the breed is new, extinct, a common cross breed, or even verging on the mythical - if it's a commonly referred to type of dog - we want to include it!!

So simply let us know in this thread and we will add it to the top of the list - we figure that if you've made the choice to post here, your breed should at least be able to jump the queue ;)

TODO list:

Loughlanders
    Goldendoodles
    Golden Labrador
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Oldgal

Oldgal New Member

Name:
    Jean

Hi Azz. Yes, my breed is missing - Bedlington terriers. Super little dogs.
  4. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Hi Jean ...it's here: www.forum.breedia.com/dogs/bedlington-terrier :D

I remember because I was reading through the thread I posted about the little beddy a while back :049:
  5. suespoon

suespoon New Member

Name:
    Sue
    Please add goldendoodles. Thanks.
  6. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Hi Sue, I have added a 'Todo list' to the first post in this thread - and added GoldenDoodles to it. Soon as we start adding the crossbreeds, they will get added first ;)

In the meantime, simply use the Crossbreeds section but just make sure the breed name is in the thread title for any threads you post - as that way we will be able to easily move the threads into the breed specific section when it is added :)
  7. darbee

darbee New Member

Name:
    Darlene Brown
    How about goldbadors?
  8. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    What are they? Have you got any photos?
  9. darbee

darbee New Member

Name:
    Darlene Brown
    Azz likes this.
    Goldbradors are a mix of Golden Retriever and Labrador.
    They are used a lot for service dogs because of their temperament IMG_5055.JPG Jennie in the lower left of the picture is my goldbrador.(You'll have to forgive her hairstyle she just got up)! She is also on the left in my avatar pic.
  10. Oldgal

Oldgal New Member

Name:
    Jean

Apologies Azz - found it. I have got 3 of these dogs but can't understand how to post some pics of them.
  11. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Are they always called Goldbradors? Google doesn't return much info on them - or are they usually referred to as Golden Labradors?

I am intrigued now, can you give me some more info about them please? How popular are they, when was the mix first bred, etc? :)

It's easy :D

You can either drag a photo into the reply box, or click on 'upload a file' and upload it that way.

Feel free to test it out in the test thread in the help section if you like :)
  12. Oldgal

Oldgal New Member

Name:
    Jean
  13. Oldgal

Oldgal New Member

Name:
    Jean

"Drag" a photo into the reply box - from where? "Upload a file" from where?
    Do I have to use Photobucket or can I take one straight out of my pictures albums on my p.c?
  14. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Straight from your PC :)

You can use photo bucket too if you are used to that :)

There is a test thread in the help section... give it a go you can't break anything :D
  15. darbee

darbee New Member

Name:
    Darlene Brown
    I had problems googling the breed also. There were only 2 places that I found them mentioned at all, http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/goldenlabrador.htm has a reference to them as International Designer Canine Registry® = Goldador Retriever. I'm sorry but I did lose the other site. I learned what I know from a Vet and a site that I can no longer find. There is one other site that i found that gives a good explanation of them it is http://www.nextdaypets.com/Goldador.htm. Sorry I have been spelling the name wrong that may be why you can't find them.
    They are not always called the same thing but they are a wonderful dog!
  16. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Do you know many people who have them @darbee?

I've added it to the list :)
  17. Doggyluver5

Doggyluver5 New Member

Name:
    Joyce
    I don't see Shih Tzu (non sporting group), Papillons and Maltese (toy group). Are you planning on adding them soon?
  18. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    They are all here Joyce :) (you can find them by going through the A to Z dogs list)

Papillon

Shih Tzu

Maltese
  19. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    No profile for the Staffordshire bull terrier can I ask the breed council to send you correct information and pictures plus health information. It would be a great opportunity to correctly identify this breed and miss identification is a big issues both with rescue and the news media.
  20. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Hi Chris, sure go ahead - we can get the stats up first (for the right hand side col) and we can use the rest of the info for when we come to do the profile :)

Photos would be great too :D
  21. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    Azz likes this.
    Great I have been in touch with the breed council re picture because I want to get you one that everyone agrees is truly representative of the breed rather thank me just sending one of mine. This is a fantastic opportunity to really educate and dispel some myths re the breed.