Whippets with tails between their legs - why?. Questions

Discussion in 'Whippet' started by Zara's_Momma, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Zara's_Momma

Zara's_Momma New Member

Name:
    Nat or Debbie (depending who's online!)

Whippets with tails between their legs - why?.

Hi everyone, I have been re-searching Whippets for some time now but they always seem to be pictured with their tail between their legs? Why is this? I have also noticed this with greyhounds too, but not as much :?.

Any Ideas???
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Westie_N

Westie_N New Member

Name:
    Nicola
    It's just their natural stance, but their tails can and do wag, especially the whippets. :grin:
  4. Freyja

Freyja New Member

Name:
    Helen
    It's natural for them to do it although some do carry their tails. I have 1 my oldest who carries his tail curled over his back. All mine wag their tails but if they should hit you with it it is like a whip.

Amber has a very waggy tail
    [​IMG]

Her dad Owen is the same
    [​IMG]

I can't find any more waggy tailed whippet photos. The tailfor them and for greyhounds is like a rudder to help them when they are running.
  5. nddogs

nddogs New Member

Name:
    Sophie
    We now have a whippet and agree it seems to be just the way he likes to have his tail but mainly it's only like that when hes standing still, when hes moving it goes down out behind him and curves up and when excited it goes up higher and he does wag quite a bit, I think it adds to there character how they have there tails you can tell how relaxed or excited they are.
  6. greyhoundk

greyhoundk New Member

Name:
    Eleanor
    What beautiful elegant whippets, they are a credit to you they look in fab condition.

I can vouch for the tail whipping, it ruddy well hurts !