White Doberman Pinschers Controversial

Discussion in 'Dobermann' started by BoerboelMom, Jun 9, 2016.

1. BoerboelMom

BoerboelMom New Member

Name:
    Ife

White Doberman Pinschers

White Doberman Pinschers (American name for the breed) seem to be dying out. I find this unfortunate. They are beautiful dogs. I love them. I just saw one at Pet-Co about a month ago. However, the guardian was a terrible person and treated his dog like a piece of trash. He yanked the dog around on a choke chain throughout the store and the dog coughed like crazy the entire time. It was a beautiful dog and I felt horrible for him. I wished I could steal him and give him a good home. I know they have sensitive skin, but no worse than any hairless breed.

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. BlueJay

BlueJay Member

Name:
    Erin
    CaroleC and 6JRT's like this.
    Beautiful, but not healthy.
    They have extreme photosensitivity and do have more sensitive skin than hairless breeds - at least hairless breeds still have melanin for some form of protection, even if they lack the fur. I don't doubt there are scrupulous breeders out there that care more for colour than for health and temperament too.
    I won't even mention the ears on that dog...
  4. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    CaroleC and 6JRT's like this.
    I would think the reason they are dying out is due to the fact breeders may be more responsible in their breeding practices and with DNA testing now and more understanding of genetics, they are hopefully eradicating the mutant gene that produces this colour.

BTW.. this is not white its a dilute of brown! Dobes do not have a white gene in their makeup.