Why are you anti BSL? BSL

Discussion in 'Bull Breeds Forum' started by chaz, Jun 4, 2010.

1. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    I'm against it too. I'm American and pit bulls aren't banned where I live but they are banned in some places. I love pit bulls and help to rescue them from bad owners etc. They are the #1 abused and neglected breed, they also are one of the few breeds used for fighting. The harsh methods used to train fighting dogs would make any dog aggressive enough to kill. By the way, BSL isn't even effective, it's not possible to monitor the system closely enough to actually ban the breeds. I know if I had a pit bull and they suddenly banned them, I'd not hand him over willingly and I'd try to make it as hard as possible for them to get their hands on him. My dog is lab x chow x pit bull and as soon as I say the pit bull.. people act all flabbergasted. BSL is dumb, period... and it's not even effective. It also causes innocents to suffer, not all pit bulls would even bite a person or maul a Yorkie. Death to the innocent is not justice for the victims. Next thing you know, they'll pick Rottweilers or Dobermans, then it'll eventually get down to German Shepherds and Golden Retrievers (who have risen on the bite list a LOT) If people don't say no, it'll escalate and there will be lots of problems. At least I think so. If they are able to eradicate enough pit bulls, then another breed will top the bite list.. and it'll just go from there.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!