Willow (Irish Wolfhound) in the garden Photos

Discussion in 'Irish Wolfhound' started by Phil, Aug 3, 2015.

1. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Once she has her final vac round, don't over think it, just start socializing as if she was a normal size puppy.
    Your biggest challenge will be watching out for other dogs and stupid owners.
    I would highly advise the walking hip water pack that hold one or two of the squirt water bottles, with a pop up water bowl.
    Start now while your waiting on recall training. (Just incase she slips her collar.)
    She is not made of eggshell but her bones are soft due to the crazy growth rate they have as a young pup.

So start off walking wise and exercise wise to 5 mins per month old, and adjust from there. By this I mean if she if running full blast and hyper after extend it a little, if she drops out panting shorten it a bit. if she sits or lays down breathing normal keep it at that rate.
    Up stairs is not that big a issue but down if it jars she is.

Oh and get ready for "Is it a pony or a dog", "Does that come with a saddle", "How much does it eat a week", and once she is 6 to 9 month for people to know her name and not your name. If you walk by a slow traffic area for people to actually stop in the road to ask questions. ( Advise them to pull over somewhere as the idiots generally are a special kind of stupid and will actually hold up traffic as if it was not there.)

Grow very think skin as a lot of strangers who have one which is "X" big at that age. Also sorry but lad owners will annoy you the most with how much bigger there lad is or was at that age.

Could go on with a million more, but biggest thing is just let her be a pup and just be aware of your environment.

Best of wishes and keep posting those pics and she will grow a ton in the up coming months.

PS: Sorry about the huge ramble.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I'll be sure to keep you posted with how we get on we're out and about.
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    One thing is certain - you will get a lot of attention wherever you go!
  5. LDF1031

LDF1031 New Member

Name:
    Laura
  6. LDF1031

LDF1031 New Member

Name:
    Laura
    I'm looking at these great pictures..are they current? I have a 4i'm trying to compare.
    1/2 month male that weigh 48.3 lbs. Suddenly, he isn't seeming so big.
  7. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    Hi there.

The pics are a few months old now - Willow is almost 9 months old.

Height wise - she's about 33" at her back - 43" inches or so at the head. About right for a bitch.

Weight wise - not weighed her for a while as she feels ok.

Give me a moment and I'll weigh her.......

Ps - I read your intro - any questions just ask
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016