Wirehaired Viszlas - any good for agility? Agility

Discussion in 'Hungarian Vizsla' started by Eceni, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Eceni

Eceni New Member

Name:
    Manda

Wirehaired Viszlas - any good for agility?

Met a rather gorgeous wirehaired Viszla today. Apart from the fact that every w/h owner in the country will be breeding now after Crufts, with disastrous results for the breed :)(), they seem truly lovely.

Has anyone done agility with one and can you give an idea of what it was like?

thanks

E
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    I've a friend who does agility with her boy and he does very well at it so i'm told, never seen him in action though. Gundogs are often second choice for agility after collies and collie crosses so I heard. My dogs litter sister (Weim) excels in agility, she's done really well in it.
  4. MistyBlue

MistyBlue

Name:
    no
    i see the one on crufts too, never seen on before and i Really liked them!!
    loadsa pics if you get on please! :D :D
  5. rosegallagher

rosegallagher New Member

Name:
    rose
    Al ady in our village has 1 & a smooth coated 1.
  6. Wozzy

Wozzy New Member

Name:
    Leanne
    I saw the Wirehaired versions around Crufts last year and wondered what they were and then found out at the Discover Dogs section.

They are gorgeous dogs and feature highly on my wish list.

I dont see why they wouldnt be any good at agility but I think perhaps a smaller framed specimen would be far more adept. I've seen Weims doing it in the past and the heavier males seemed lumbering whereas the smaller framed bitches were quicker and more at ease.

Flynn, my wirehaired pointer has a very small frame and is exceptionally fast and agile with very good brakes and would excel in agility if I continued to take that path with him.
  7. I-mac77

I-mac77 New Member

Name:
    Iain
    Are wire-haired vizlas any different to the smooth coated ones in terms of behaviour and training, as there are hundreds of them doing agility, they seem to be the ABC dog of choice at the moment :D