Wolf Hybrids on Dog Whisperer General Chat

Discussion in 'Spitz Forum' started by werewolf, Jul 6, 2009.

1. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Some British Inuits are NIDs and some are NIDs x with SWH or CWD.

Ref the NID and the Ute and their possible wolf content, I guess it is up to each individual to make up their own mind, as to what they choose to believe.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    That tends to happen with many of the dogs WDO, not just Wolfdogs, any breed or type, his "quick fixes" seldom work long term.
  4. wolfdogowner

wolfdogowner New Member

Name:
    Just refering to the thread title.

Nicole says amongst other things:First, the style of training typically used on the show is unsuitable and inadvisable for this particular type of animal. Wolfdogs are by nature very delicately balanced emotionally and can be quite skittish and reactive. Beyond that, the bigger issue is bringing the awareness of wolfdogs to the public in this way. Many of us have been working tirelessly for the past 20 years or more to educate potential owners that wolfdogs are not appropriate pets for the average person. The "problem behaviors" that dogs display are often hugely amplified (and potentially dangerous) in wolfdogs; proper containment can be challenging; wolfdogs can cause extreme destruction; and the list goes on. Wolfdogs are more animal than most people can handle, and are illegal to own in many areas (another fact of which most people are not aware). Of course, once these things are discovered it's too late and the animal goes to a rescue center if lucky (most are perpetually full up), or is euthanized. Despite any voiceover disclaimers you may include, once people see these beautiful, exotic animals on the show, many will want to go out and purchase one. And the cycle will begin again--more demand, more people breeding wolfdogs. More wolfdogs euthanized.
  5. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    So sad. Poor animals.
  6. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Thanks for that Nes, so there are 3 types of BI. One type is a NI that has been registered there purely for the reason of a split away from NIS. Another type is x cwd and another type is x Saarloos. Ok i'm clear with that, now ....
    How will the Timber dog differ from those three types?

Do you personally feel (as i do) its all getting a bit out of hand? We have NI of which there is no defined type to recognise, we have 3 types of BI, we have two types of Ute and we also have the Tamaskans who come from the same dogs. Its no wonder the poor public are confused, don't you think?
    RE: The possible wolf content, i could not agree more, you have to make your own mind up what you believe.
  7. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Excellent post.
  8. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Just a thought..... and I am refering to the US here:

Could it be similar to the GSD....in that they have the Shiloh (and I believe there are different groups within this group), Alsation Shepalute, The American Show Shepherd,
    White German Shepherd Dog, The King Shepherd....and who knows how many more........