Wolfdog litters £2K !!! Controversial

Discussion in 'Spitz Forum' started by DevilDogz, May 27, 2010.

1. wolfdogowner

wolfdogowner New Member

Name:
    Ears are all very well thanks:002:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    No breeder should make money from their dogs, and no breeder should plan too, any person who does this is not a good breeder, finicail gain should not be a motivation for breeding.
  4. wolfdogowner

wolfdogowner New Member

Name:
    It goes beyond mere money (though that seems a key motivation) and more towards megalomania...
  5. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    There is an interesting accusation flying around atm.

That being, that F1/pure wolves, are being sold as F3/F4s

Does anyone remember the agro we got on here from some people who would appear to no longer post/have been banned, for suggesting for one second that this could happen, and our concerns about it, if something went badly wrong...It is of course an accusation I've personally got no proof of however, I'm struggling to see what the accuser would have to gain from it.

It is interesting that the breeder which this thread is about, last time I looked, made no mention of what exactly her hybrids were a mix of, accept for one timberwolf hybrid, timberwolf x what? what F generation are they? what F generation will the offspring be?...not a single piece of info, when it is quite clear what her other dogs are a mix of 1/2 saarloos etc.

I'm not insinuating anything, before someone gets stressy with me, its just something I noticed, before hearing of the accusations, made against someone who wasn't actually named...All I will say is, it wouldn't suprize me if it was.

Shoshone breeds dogs for financial gain, nothing more, and of course she is passionate about her dogs, wouldn't you, if they were making you so much money.

It was claimed that introducing the saarloos was to improve the health/genetic diversity of the ni, and like I said on the other thread, using the same stud dog, ond multiple bitches, is hardly improving genetic diversity is it?

An ethical breeder at least by my standards, wouldn't produce more litters, when they've still got pups from current ones needing homes.

Don't be surprized Murph is defending her, he is getting a csv from her, so he'll have to, regardless of wether he agrees with her ethics truely or not.

I agree with wolfdog owner, ref megalomania.
  6. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    That`s a lie.. mother was an NI.. father pure wolf... at least that`s what she believes it is.
  7. murph

murph New Member

Name:
    James
    what ?!!!:roll:
  8. murph

murph New Member

Name:
    James
    I'm not defending anyone i'm giving my opinion. what i'm not doing is accusing someone of having a paranoid disorder!:lol:
  9. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    You know what, your right, its probably not megalomania, but there is definately something wrong with this entire wolf hybrid/dog/lookalike area, and its not the dogs...its the breeders.

Since the csv and swh were brought into this country, they've been nothing but exploited by the selfish, the greedy, or the plain idiotic. For god sake, even Charlie Richardson now somewhat seems to regret defra changing their mind, esp with regards to f3 and f4 wolfdogs, which we both agree on, should still be dwa listed. It just opened the bloody flood gates.

They've been crossed with wolves, gsds, tamaskans, nis, and I even saw sarloos x sib advertised once, but then I suppose, that when you just view them as mixers, furry £, then caring enough about the breeds themselves to establish them in their own right, is just a waste of money, and not worth the effort.

As a person getting a csv, does this treatment of your chosen breed not bother you? Because comming from a person who'd love a csv, it sure as hell bothers me, as you can tell.

Just like it bothers owners of sibs, mals and gsds, to know that their breeds were used in creating the ni mess, and like it bothers me, that my current breed, is being crossed with poodles and sold as a lie, to those thinking they're going to get a perfect pet, that won't molt, and the lab x poodle was originally bred with a purpose in mind, as a guide dog for those with dog allergies. The original purpose I've no issue with...and funnily enough, the founder of that cross regrets doing it now too.

Personally, when it comes to the lookalikes and wolfdog crosses, I'd have far less of an issue, if it was done properly and for an actual good reason, like in the case of the lua dal, but it isn't, its disorder wrapped in chaos.

There are bad breeders within all breeds and crosses, but these types just seem to be dominated by them, and for a type that is just being developed, it shouldn't be that way.

The ni, ut etc deserve far better than the start they've been given, and the csv and swh, deserve the chance to flurish in this country, a chance they've not been given, by those who should have been their champions here.

I hope you do better by your csv, than his/her breeder has, for his/her breed.

If you disagree with the above, then thats fine, if you want to discuss it like adults then I'm more than happy to, anything less, won't be allowed to waste my time.
  10. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    yip!!!:-( :-( one foot wrong with one of these crosses and the breed will be doomed and condemed......i for one do not want my breed to have to be treated like a wild animal again :-(
  11. Heather and Zak

Heather and Zak New Member

Name:
    heather
    Yes this is what worries me too. But these breeders seem so blind and carry on regardless.:evil:
  12. rune

rune

My thoughts as well.

rune
  13. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    Thats what worries me too.

Cos if something does go wrong with one of the crosses, and they apply type like they do with pitbulls, then all kinds of breeds and x breeds could get dragged into it. Just look at the dda now, you may have a staffie, it may have kc papers, but if it is just a bit to tall for the standard, it could be classed as type and siezed.

Even worse, would be if they decided anything remotely wolf like was to be treated as a wild animal. At least on the dda exemption index you can still take your dog for a walk, granted, it does have to be kept on a lead and muzzled, but still, better than being confined to a cage for the rest of its life...thats if you can aford the enclosure to keep it in, never mind have the space to build it.
  14. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    enough already please...my stress levels are too high already today..i may blow!!!:evil: :cry: :evil: :cry:
  15. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    Ok, sorry, you having a bad day?

On a slightly lighter, but ot note.

A guy in the uk somewhere, altered his entire house, so he could keep an alligator in it...with him living in there as well, talk about dedicated, and maybe just a little nuts lol.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2010
  16. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    nowt strange as folk lmao :)
  17. wolfdogowner

wolfdogowner New Member

Name:
    My favourite was the guy who advertised a litter> mother was a wolf and father a CsV but the pups were F3; errr....:lol:
  18. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    Lol, really, maths mustn't have been his strong point at school then.
  19. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Its all very worrying isnt it :( :?