Wolfhound x bedlington - how would they turn out if sire was a Wolfhound? General Chat

Discussion in 'Irish Wolfhound' started by crookie, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Malpeki

Malpeki New Member

Name:
    Alexandra
    what do you expect of that?

maybe turn on your brain before asking those questions

but with that comment, you already showed how far it is with your intelligence

simply just cheap
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malpeki

Malpeki New Member

Name:
    Alexandra
    well said!!!
  4. crookie

crookie New Member

Name:
    bart
    Think the replies have something to do with this overly female populated forum as having asked this q on the hunting sport forum and had interesting and supportive feedback
  5. Malpeki

Malpeki New Member

Name:
    Alexandra
    so why didn't you stay there then? :017:
  6. Malpeki

Malpeki New Member

Name:
    Alexandra
    ...as if you can read, that website is for Dog Lovers!

and not for Dog User only for their purpose
  7. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Name:
    Simon
    From one bloke to another........sshhhhhh. Listen to the ladies, they speak sense. Don't ask a question and then whine like a child if you don't like the answers you get.
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    If you were a small, slightly-built woman trying to deliver an over-large baby, you would not come up with such stupid ideas.

One way to describe it is "it might go in like a banana but it come out like a huge watermelon".
  9. JamieWilson

JamieWilson New Member

Name:
    JamieWilson
    Don't be a plonker, you asked a question and got honest answers.

You might ask on a hunters website, most don't give two tosses about the dogs feelings or if such a birth would hurt as long as they get a purpose built dog - It's a different mind set to a pet dog. Not saying they are all like that, it's like the racing world though to many don't care.
  10. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    LOL!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Or perhaps people who are more concerned with the welfare of dogs, than ridiculous experiments to satisfy the imagination of some folk!! :017:
  11. Florence

Florence New Member

Name:
    Florence
    The fact that you actually went through the replies and checked whether they came from men or women (which probably influenced how seriously you were willing to take them) shows me that you do not want to hear honest opinions from people who know what they are talking about.

If they had come from men, would you have taken them seriously?

If the answer is yes (and your above comment strongly suggests that) go play somewhere else. Sexism/genderism has no place here, only people who care about dogs.
  12. Jenny

Jenny New Member

Name:
    jenny
    Well said Malka and just so true.:043: :043: :043:
  13. Lynn

Lynn Member

Name:
    Lynn
    Very true Malka maybe he needs to try giving birth to a normal sized baby let alone an over sized one before making such comments. But of course we know that ain't gonna happen so maybe he should respect the answers from us who know what we are talking about. That's just giving birth let alone all the other stuff about responsible breeding and thinking about the poor animal who will be given no choice in the matter. :017:
  14. Pookin

Pookin New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Is the wolfhound even used for hunting in this country anymore? Are you perhaps thinking about the deerhound when you mention hunting ability?
    I was once told by an old lurcher man that anyone who was told their lurcher had wolfhound in it was probably misinformed or misheard deerhound as wolfhounds really aren't used by people breeding working lurchers. Apparently they don't have anything to add to a lurcher that you couldn't get from another breed a lot easier.
    Seems crazy to make a female beddy mate with a male wolfhound. Thinking about it is making me wince.
  15. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    When mating a larger breed with a smaller breed you always have the mother being the larger one. Even when mating breed to breed you try not to have the mother smaller than the male, otherwise you will get problems when birthing, common sense really, but then again sense isn't that common these days is it.
  16. Pookin

Pookin New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    I'm friends with a couple comprising of a giant man and a tiny woman. Whenever I see them I think to myself it's good they don't fancy having kids, lol.
  17. Jen

Jen New Member

Name:
    Jen
    :lol: :lol: :lol: Great post!
  18. catrinsparkles

catrinsparkles New Member

Name:
    catrin
    Hehe,I'm 5ft2 and my partners and the father of my children is 6ft 5! One 6 lb and one 8lb baby :) think it works a little differently for dogs though!

:grin:

As for the OP, the following statements and insults have really negated a need for an answer. You have the answer you wanted from the hunting forums....so ...there you go! Of course people on hunting forums are more likely to say ' hell yeah, go for it!' But the large majority of people on here are interested in pet dogs and often rescuing products of uneeded breeding similar to your suggestions.

In the last six weeks I have adopted a bull lurcher pup who was bred from two working parents and then abandoned, with his litter mate, when they couldn't be sold and were unwanted for their original purpose. I'm really glad I have him, but would have much preferred for him not to have been bred at all.