Working Spaniels-Tail Docking Controversial

Discussion in 'Gundog Forum' started by macman, Oct 26, 2007.

1. zoeybeau1

zoeybeau1

Name:
    Toni
    will we make our way to the ring for the prize giving anytime soon xxzbxx:mrgreen:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. dollyknockers

dollyknockers

Name:
    n/a
    Itwas the smoke signals that alerted me , stormey , the women fingers are on fire i bet xxdk
  4. zoeybeau1

zoeybeau1

Name:
    Toni
    thats what got me outta bed dk,the smoke alarm went off xxzbxx:mrgreen:
  5. dollyknockers

dollyknockers

Name:
    n/a
    Me two , that a call from beyond shores :lol: :lol: xdk
  6. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    Fank yew :blush: :smt058

I`ll arrange VIP seats for you lol

Its ok, they are just a bit stubbier than they were and the blisters will be fine in a day or two - but my keyboard is a bit worse for wear and my mouse buttons are a tad worn now :smt005
  7. bajaluna

bajaluna

Name:
    Jayne
    great post cant believe you had to tell people cutting off a body part hurts,Ive never seen it done but ive cut my little toe before and it hurts like hell BLXXX
  8. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Goddness Patch, that must have taken some looking up, well I Guess you got me with that one, dont think if seached for hrs I would find one as long as that:shock: :shock:

Does the fact I only have pet dogs mean I am not entitled to an opinion, or gain knowlegde on all things Canine.... goodness that puts about puts 3/4 `s of the members on this board in a postion of not commenting on topics:shock: :shock:

Like I said in my quote you have posted, [myself and the vet went to my friends house[/B]

As for me being there and distressing the dam.

She, the dam knows and trusts me, she has seen me on a daily basis since she was 10 wks old.

As for me having knowlegde of breeding, is there a crime in that, or can only people who "breed" have a a little knowlegde.

As it happens I have been in my breed for many yrs, I have many friends who show and breed.

Which by the way, I have also shown my pets and will do again in the future.

I am entitled to learn as much as I like, on all things canine, some learnt through experience others through reseach it is not differcult to educate your self.

Yes you are entitled to voice your opinions on docking, but what I dont understand is that, if you are falling into the camp of believing the tail is fully formed resulting in Pain when docked, it really wont matter if you cut or band the tail.

Of all the limited experience of friends who dock (or did do) some prefere one method over the other, but I have never heard anyone give such a strong opinion for anti docking (causes pain) yet still continues with the practice.

Now as the owner of only pet dogs I will bow out, as I should not according to you, be allowed an opinion.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2007
  9. zoeybeau1

zoeybeau1

Name:
    Toni
    i prefer one method over the other of docking,and im entiled to me opinion of the fact puppies do hurt,you said that if im so anti docking why continue to dock,ive explained on 3 occaisions that im not antidocking,im telling ppl it does hurt,when the majority of the argument about docking is based on the pain issue,and the fact that alot of breeders prefer the banding(imo the worst type of docking)than the straight forward cutting method the quick and LESS painfull way imo,
    im glad you feel the need to learn as much as possible on your selected breed and only wish alot more people would learn and seek information as much as you so obviously have,but WE are all entitled to our own opinion is the best thing about dogsey and if you feel ive denied you your opinion youre quite wrong,look at the amount of posts youve posted on this subject and then say nobody has listenend we wouldnt be having this debate otherwise would we,and this it what it is, so if you feel its got personal then not my fault you always feel to challenge me on the boxers and i dont mind it makes it fun:p
  10. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie

:? :? :? Sorry, I dont think I said you denied me an opinion!

You implyed by owning pets dogs, I cant have any experience or knowlegde of breeding.

ALL of the members on here, own pet dogs the last time I looked.

So does that mean people can only have knowledge of their dogs .... or is it beyond the realms of possibility, people may have a little knowlegde of all aspects of Canine behaviour.
  11. zoeybeau1

zoeybeau1

Name:
    Toni
    if your going to quote me please quote the whole post.:shock:
    i think it is now getting personal,i said im was pleased you knew about your breed.and maybe others what do you want a congratulations youl be waiting a long time,im glad ppl know about there dogs,dogsey is all about learning to agree and disagree with one and other or you agreeing to disagree and i will agree to disagree with you on this one,and i was answereing your last post were you said youd bow out,gracefully,bye xxzbx
  12. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    Technically you can only have knowledge of your own dogs and those you've interacted with. Everything else is really just an educated guess!
    Becky
  13. zoeybeau1

zoeybeau1

Name:
    Toni
    thanx becky.
    im not going to continue this on the thread its getting too personal,if you want to continue this i will gracefully be accepting pms xxzbxx:p
  14. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Are you saying you only know anything about your own dogs.

But we are not talking about knowing individual dogs.

Are you saying you cant have a little knowlegde on all aspects of Canine life/behaviour/

Feeding/ Training/ Behaviour/ Breeding/ Development???

If so these boards would shut Down, if we can only voice what we know about our own dogs.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2007
  15. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    That isn't what I said!
    Becky
  16. bajaluna

bajaluna

Name:
    Jayne
    i think what she is saying is that a breeder who docks tails all the time is more knowledgable than a pet owner who doesnt.
    ps do you have spellcheck?
  17. perrodeagua

perrodeagua New Member

Name:
    Diane
    Does it matter if people have spellcheck? As long as you can read and understand what they mean, no it doesn't and again that is getting to a personal level again which isn't needed.
  18. dollyknockers

dollyknockers

Name:
    n/a
    This thread is going way of topic folks and very personal , think ill leave ya all to it , xxdk
  19. springer2209

springer2209 New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    Firstly [ and if you choose to not believe me thats up to you ], because mentors are supposed to keep an eye out for any problems in threads to help take the workload off the already hardworking mods so any threads which may become inflamatory get watched carefully. Its also a topic I am bound to take notice of anyway, and frankly I don`t think you have the right to question which threads I read in any capacity.
    I also read threads on topics I have zero interest in, in case they may flare up, as do all the other mentors, its part of the job for us to flag anything like that to the mods who can`t read every single post every day.

This made me giggle - it's my first day as a memeber but have to say Patch if it's your job to keep an eye out for a prevent problems you're doing a pretty poor job - inflaming a situation yourself!!!!
  20. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    If you re-read the thread from the beginning I think you`ll find I said nothing rude nor inflamatory, nor did I rise to the bait when I was spoken down to, [ which I hope was just heat of the moment and not meant nastilly in a lasting way ], and you will also find a very good-natured banter between myself [ anti-docking ] and others [ pro-docking ].
    This thread had its moments of `niggling` but certainly nothing of a serious nature to be concerned about.

As you have only just joined I can appreciate how it might appear to you at first glance but if you get to know us you`ll realise your perception is not quite accurate and that we can have difference of opinion on one thread while agreeing on the next :smt001

And of course, welcome to Dogsey :grin:
  21. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Have to say I am pro everything Patch is anti about, yet we get along fine..:mrgreen: Still have a debate/discussion, but still get on.
    Dawn.