Working Spaniels-Tail Docking Controversial

Discussion in 'Gundog Forum' started by macman, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    We don`t :smt062 on everything - just `most` :smt019 :mrgreen:
    The things we do agree on, we are agree as strongly with each other :smt052 as the points we :smt075 on from opposite sides :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Aye, thats about it patch. :smt023
  4. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara
    Ok, so you guys'll have a field day with this one. In Canada, there is absolutely no restrictions on tails, and dew claws. A breeder can do it themselves, up to a certain age. Which is usually a better option as the vets often screw it up an the tails will be the wrong length. ( It happened that a vet charging $300 for 6 St. Poodle pups docked all of their tails too short (by alot), and told us that thats what the book said. causing 5 show quality pups to no longer be show quality.) Ear cropping is also legal. That is the worst thing, in my opinion, as it causes severe pain for a seriousley prolonged period... all the popsicle sticks and stuff. It suprised me when the breeder told us that we should have brought them to her, she would have done them for $5 a puppy. I'm just glad they wern't my dogs. alot of hastle and St. poodles look just as good with a full tail. Although my Springer x cocker wasnt docked and she really should have been, she was allways getting in trouble with it and hurting herself.
  5. nero

nero New Member

Name:
    denis

Hmmm Sara, is Canada looking for immigrants ;-) , sounds like you've got a sensible government over there. ;-)