Yeehaw!! Videos

Discussion in 'Dobermann' started by Kitkat_, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    Carole, Azz and LMost like this.

Yeehaw!!

Though some of you may enjoy this, I sure do! :D

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Sorry, but I do not like to see dogs with their tails docked up to their anus and with cropped ears, so no, I did not enjoy the video clip.
  4. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Azz and Kitkat_ like this.
    I have to admit I don't like cropped ears and docked tails either but did like the video! Both dog and owner were enjoying themselves - you could tell by the dog's bark! We watch GSD's doing schutzhund training every Sunday after our obedience class, so it's easy to tell the difference. The GSD's mean business and I certainly wouldn't like to be on the receiving end!
  5. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    I don't like cropped ears and docked tails either, but enjoyed the video :D
  6. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Anne and Kitkat_ like this.
    Lovely dog....not a fan of the sport , but think the dogs stunning tail and ears an all .
  7. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    MissBoo22 likes this.
    To be honest I don't have a problem with cropping and docking. People are happy enough to remove a dogs reproductive organs and important hormones to make their life easier and no one bats an eyelid. Cropping and docking are much less invasive procedures and don't have any long term effects, it is in some breed standards too.

I love the sport too, I think it is great for these dogs to do what they were bred to do and the sport produces very stable and capable dogs :)
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Both Pereg and Little One before her were spayed three months after their first season, to make sure there were no more unwanted puppies - both of them had been rescued as unwanted puppies - the rest no doubt euthanised.

So was it wrong for me to have them spayed? To make my life easier?

Because if so, does that "making my life easier" also apply to me having had a total hysterectomy?
  9. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    MissBoo22 likes this.
    No, it is not wrong, but if one surgery is acceptable I don't see why they other not. With a little management during season it is pretty easy to prevent unwanted breedings. Though this is a different debate for a different matter.
  10. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    Kitkat_ and Anne like this.
    Lovely looking dog and looked so happy :) Still got a soft spot for those short tails :)
  11. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    The GSD's we watch aren't doing it for sport, they're being trained as security dogs, mainly to guard commercial property. Whilst it might make them capable of doing what they have been trained to do it doesn't necessarily make them stable.

You want to try living where I do when you have two females in season and 15 to 20 intact male dogs living in the same village. I had a male dog baying at my gates from dawn until quite late at night, every day and although my two were in an enclosed garden it didn't stop any male trying to get at them. Both my girls found all the attention very upsetting as did I, which is one of the reasons I decided to have Georgina spayed after her second season
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    The owners of Little One had a bitch and one of her daughters, who lived outside and who had litter after litter each season - most pups died - Little One was one who did not but the owners did not know which one was her dam as both had had pups at the same time.

I brought Little One home. Two days later there were no puppies. Oh, they went... ...somewhere?

I was going to let Little One have puppies like that?

Same with Pereg. Her dog mother had been thrown out, rescued, fostered, but when the puppies were weaned they and their mother went to the Shelter.

Pereg came home with me. I do not know what happened to her dog mother or litter mates.

And I was bad to have both Little One and Pereg spayed?

It would have been easy to have prevented them from breeding?

How?

And I am sorry but I still think that tail docking to the anus and ear cropping is horrible and purely for cosmetic purposes, and to compare it to spaying/neutering is ridiculous.

I rescued both of those pups and made darned sure they could never produce more unwanted pups.

And nobody but nobody is going to tell me that I was wrong having them spayed and that it could have been easy to have prevented them from breeding.
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    @Pork1epe1 - sorry Barbara, I was not having a go at you.
  14. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    MissBoo22 likes this.
    If it is the right thing for you then that is fine, you know what is best. I have nothing against neutering if it suits that owner or dog. My Billy was castrated and our old family dog was spayed. But my point is surgery is surgery, whether it is cropping/docking or a neuter operation.

Neutering is a lot more invasive and traumatic, plus gonad removal is linked to increased chances of cancer, disease, thyroid problems, decreased longevity etc. Removing part of the ears or tail doesn't change anything about the dogs system and once healed there is no effect on the dog.

I just don't see why one is viewed as good and the other is bad when at the end of the day they are both surgical procedures that the dog doesn't necessarily NEED to have.

I am all for natural, so any dogs for me will be no docking/cropping, no neutering (and no litters either), no vaccinations, no chemical flea/worm treatments, no commercial dog food etc. So I am not defending it for myself, but if other want it done on there pup then why not? Plus a good crop job looks awesome on some breeds :)
  15. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie

I get that with guard dogs, but dogs trained in IPO for sport and as protection dogs first and foremost know that they can't attack anyone without command or if the helper tries to run away from the dog holding them. If they find the helper then they must stand and bark and hold them there until that person either tries to attack or run. The out command is very very important too and a lot of point are deducted if the dog doesn't release on command. IPO/Schutzhund was originally a test to prove that GSD's are worthy to be bred from.

I follow these breeder of working GSD's on Youtube and Facebook and they have and produce some cracking dogs