Young Deerhound Movie Videos

Discussion in 'Deerhound' started by Phil, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil

Young Deerhound Movie

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Lynn

Lynn Member

Name:
    Lynn
    Great video,love those dogs along with irish Wolfhounds.
  4. IanTaylor

IanTaylor

Name:
    Ian
    Brilliant.. a right wee character eh.. and not a bit bothered by the hoover :lol:
  5. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    Irish Wolfhounds are (and I must whisper) my favourite breed although I love Deerhounds too. When we get down to one dog the Wolfhound is a cert !
  6. lovezois

lovezois Fondly remembered

Name:
    Eunice
    Great Video Phil Thanks for sharing Next to the borzoi comes the deerhound in my list of favourite large sighthounds.
  7. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    The one thing (and it's something I must come to terms with) about getting a Wolfhound is the average life expectancy. With a Deerhound it's different but I honestly feel even if I had a Deerhound I would one day still want a Wolfie.
  8. cava14una

cava14una New Member

Name:
    Anne
    Thanks for sharing that:grin: That cat was so in charge:lol: I've mailed it to a friend who has Deerhounds
  9. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    :grin: Brilliant video thanks for that.
  10. palo

palo New Member

Name:
    Palo
    Thanks for a nice video. I like this very much
  11. bribiba

bribiba New Member

Name:
    Fran
    Wolfhounds maybe short lived but I would rather have a wolfhound than anything else in the world...they are just the best:grin: .....
    Fran
  12. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    Exactly. Thanks Fran.

One day ;-)
  13. youngstevie

youngstevie

Great video Phil. Cat is definately in charge just like our cats are here xxxxx:grin:
  14. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    Wow - you dug that one out of the archive. I'll enjoy watching it again though.
  15. adog

adog New Member

Name:
    adog
    I apologise for my ignorance but is deerhound another name for Irish wolfhound? I'm confused :D
  16. adog

adog New Member

Name:
    adog
    After some digging and a closer look I answered my own question. They are different breed of scottish deerhound and Irish woflhound but look quite alike to me in the video without a closer look especially the coat lol How embarassing! :blush:
  17. bribiba

bribiba New Member

Name:
    Fran
    Don't be embarassed, a lot of people make that mistake.
    Nobody is an expert on dogs. (anyone who says they are is a fool) you can learn something new everyday if you listen.:)

18. borzoid

borzoid New Member

Name:
    Connie
    I have to whole heartedly agree with this. I think there are similarities in structure between the two breeds that draws me as well. Love to see a nice moving deerhound.

great video - very pretty pup
  19. terryc

terryc New Member

Name:
    Terry
    The similarities in structure are due to captain Graham who I beleive used Deerhounds in his attempts to save the Irish Wolfhound from extinction . I think he also outcrossed with Great Danes as well. I'm sure Fran can provide more info on this than I can though .Terry
  20. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    What is their life expectancy????

There is someone with two in the next village. I see her walking them often.. they look like old dogs, but you have made me think now??
  21. bribiba

bribiba New Member

Name:
    Fran
    Well that is the sad part...7-10 years is normal...but I have seen some at 13 so not all doom and gloom. However the love they give in the time we have them is so worthwhile, Bill always reminds me we 'borrow them' and then we have to give them back.
    We have just lost our beautiful Rainbow to kennel cough, she was 3 years old, very fit and healthy, thanks to the stupid woman at the LKA of Scotland
    who took her coughing beagle to a dog show!
    Rainbow had just won the Irish Wolfhound club open show and had won the group twice at champion shows she was stunning, gentle and a pleasure to be with.....now that was heartbreaking.
    Harry Potter is about to celebrate his 7th Birthday on the 13th Jan, we are having a virtual party for him...details are on the website irishwolfhounds.eu
    Captain Graham did use Deerhounds, Wolfhounds and Great Danes to bring back the breed this website has lots of great info, letters, notes, pictures etc from the great man himself. http://www.irishwolfhoundarchives.ie/index.htm