Your mollosser dogs - different at night? Discussions

Discussion in 'Bull Breeds Forum' started by RobK, Nov 2, 2005.

1. RobK

RobK New Member

Name:
    Robert

Your mollosser dogs - different at night?

Before I got Abbie someone told me mollosser dogs are a totally different dog @ night. This is true for Abbie. Have you folks found the same on your Dogs?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    In what way is she different Rob?
  4. RobK

RobK New Member

Name:
    Robert
    Abbie is much more "on gaurd" at night. My breeder says it's cause she cant see as well. I'm just curious if that is common with all dogs.
  5. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    bessie is on guard all the time, so at night it makes no different! borris is more on guard at night thou!
    how does abbie behave at night rob?
  6. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    Star is a bit like that :? She becomes more alert when we are out in the dark and if she sees someone she does not know she stands really alert and puffs her cheeks out and her hackles go up. Yet if the same thing happens during the day and she will not bother.
  7. Janie_B

Janie_B New Member

Name:
    Janie
    Jack stays closer to me when we are out in the dark. He also seems to be bit wary of things in distance, like wheelie bins. Not like that in daylight though. :)
  8. Russ

Russ New Member

Name:
    Russ
    Busta is the same always :roll:
    Daisey however (hard to explain) but it's like see switchs on when it gets dark.
    Totally different @ night
  9. RobK

RobK New Member

Name:
    Robert
    Abbie is always very cautious of strangers, but at night if we're out on a walk she's just alittle more edgy Ya know. people really tend to stay away from her more if you know what I mean ;-)

Great posts thx guys! It sounds true then. I've also heard Filas are REAL different at night!!

Also may I ask what is a wheelie bin?
  10. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    awwww lol rob u sweet
    its like a rubbish bin you know the big ones outside lol!
  11. Shadowboxer

Shadowboxer Fondly Remembered

Name:
    SB
    I tend to think that the extra altertness of dogs during darkness may be due to the fact that they are relying less on their eyesight and even more on their senses of hearing and smell than they are during the daylight - although dogs do see quite well in relative darkness, certainly a lot better than we do :) Also, if out walking with your dog in the dark he/she will pick up any uneasiness that you may feel.

I think this applies to all dogs though, not particular breeds or types.
  12. RobK

RobK New Member

Name:
    Robert
    Thx Hayley. Here we would call that a dumpster I belive. Funny word accually I never thought about it before but dumpster is a very strange word huh!!LOL!! Love you guys!!
  13. RobK

RobK New Member

Name:
    Robert
    That could be true to. Your never 100% safe in So Cal and at night I'm accually a little nervous as well!!
  14. Bobby-Digital

Bobby-Digital New Member

Yea i think dogs in generel are more alert and on guard at night, i know Dino is for sure. hes not really one to protect the house but at night he does if he hearsa strange noise its like he wants blood !
    When i take him for his night walk he is also morer protective and is sometimes, taken by suprise by items sticking out of wheely bins. LOL RobK, i prefer a good wheely bin to a good dumpster any day ;-)
  15. RobK

RobK New Member

Name:
    Robert
    I like Wheelie bin too. Who the hell came up with Dumpster anyway? LOL!!
  16. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    lol dumpster lol, but wheelie bin is stupid too! lol maybe just call it rubbish bin lol
  17. Kerrie

Kerrie New Member

Name:
    kerrie
    my gypsy is frightened of the dark:roll: Abbie attacks bin bags at night millie is a nut job at any time of day or night
  18. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Rockys pretty much on guard all the time and 'switches on' if he hears a bang at the door or any noise that is different. He will bark and want to go and investigate what it was and does that funny-yawn howl thing!!
  19. RobK

RobK New Member

Name:
    Robert
    LOL!! Here a wheelie is when your riding your bike and you pick the front tire up and ride on just the back. It's called poping a wheelie lol!!
  20. RobK

RobK New Member

Name:
    Robert
    Abbie does that yawn- howl thing too LOL!!
  21. Bobby-Digital

Bobby-Digital New Member

Queen Hayley has spoken, i here by name thee dumpster a.k.a wheelie bin, as thee rubbish bin, may no man put a sunder or anything other than household waste in her. ;-) :grin: