Yr old GSD is turning on my disabled wife. Don’t know what to do! Questions

Discussion in 'Belgian Shepherd Dog (Malinois)' started by Old, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Old

Old Member

Name:
    Don
    It’s a conundrum. I haven’t had time to get into any details with either guy.
    I’ll keep being very careful with his eating habits and no running less than two hours after eating. I’ll figure out what to do soon I hope. Always something.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    OK. One word. Well maybe three. Do Not Panic.

And a few more words. Do Not Do Anything Until You Are 100% That You Are Sure You Have The Correct Advice.

And yes, I do know why I have started words with capital letters.

And never forget that we are always here for you. To listen and, hopefully, give you advice.
  4. Old

Old Member

Name:
    Don
    I don’t know for sure where this message will go....thanks for answering ..you all are kind people.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Don, it does not matter where your message goes. We will see it and will answer you as best as we can. Do NOT panic! We are here for you and Max. And there are a lot more experts than I. Vee @GsdSlave will help you as she knows about GSDs and bloat. I have only had small dogs so know nothing about it. But I am always here to listen.

Just post and we will see it. And all of us will do everything we can to help you if you have any problems.
  6. Old

Old Member

Name:
    Don
    I’m still in shock at how wild max was. I came across this picture of me when max and I first met.
    Now he’s become, for the most part, a real gentleman. He just didn’t know how to act and he’s still got puppy in him.
    upload_2019-9-6_14-35-3.jpeg
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Yikes. Your prince has come such a long and wonderful way. Bless him - he really has turned into a prince.

Much love to you all.

Juli and Tikva
  8. Old

Old Member

Name:
    Don
  9. Old

Old Member

Name:
    Don
    He’d see me getting dressed to walk him and he’d go baserk. Now there’s just a bunch of crying. It’s like God came down and told him to calm it down.
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I think Max knows you love him and that he loves - and needs you. And your police dog trainer has helped both of you.

And never forget that we all are here for you.
  11. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Wow, he's a lucky lad.

Many would have given up on him yet all he needed was a bit of guidance to show him what is expected of him.
  12. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Ouch! Gsd’s can get mouthy when excited, am glad you persevered (many wouldn’t) and that he’s settling down, he's a lucky boy.
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    If you go back to the beginning of this thread - like me you could have wonderered how things would turn out.

I think that both Don and Max are lucky, possably because of the help of their police dog trainer.

Keep it up Don. You obviously love Max and I reckon he loves you.

And please keep letting us know how he, you, and your wife are doing.
  14. Old

Old Member

Name:
    Don
  15. Old

Old Member

Name:
    Don
    Malka and Chris B like this.
    If the policeman wouldn’t have gotten involved......I’m not sure if Max would still be with us. This almost rises to the miracle level!!!!
  16. Old

Old Member

Name:
    Don
    Malka likes this.
    Max, the juvenile delinquent, is doing really, really well. He is easy to live with these days until we get in the car or the doorbell rings.
    If he keeps going the way he is, he’ll get under control sometime. Max owes his K9 Officer Trainer his life. I think he just had no guidelines. He’d never spent much time with anybody after he got booted out for being so wild and full of teeth.
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Lovely to hear that Max is doing so well - thank you Don for keeping us up to date with him. His K9 Office Trainer sounds just what Max needed. :)
  18. Old

Old Member

Name:
    Don
    I doubt I could have handled him much longer. He was getting more and more out of control. We were letting him bully us, but we didn’t know how to stop it.