Zoom Groom - wow! Grooming

Discussion in 'Wire Fox Terrier' started by ooee, Dec 4, 2005.

1. ooee

ooee New Member

Zoom Groom - wow!

Gigi and I bought a Zoom groom (made by Kong Co.) for Ziggy the other day, as he was making jealous faces whenever I combed Archie out :lol:

Well, it's amazing! On Ziggy, who has very very fine, short ish hair, it works lovely, and drags out all the dead hair like magic :shock: More importantly, he seems to quite enjoy it ;)

Last night I was combing Archie and decided to have a go with the zoom groom on him... and it stripped out all of the blown coat! I'm amazed :D and now I can throw away my stripping knives :lol:

I advise anyone who has handstripped breed to get one of these things, they're amazing! and anyone who has a breed that moults too - 10min brushing with this thing and all the dead hair is out :D
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Wheaten mad

Wheaten mad New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    They sound great!! I was thinking of getting one of them before (don’t know why as wheaten have long soft non moulting hair! lol :D ) i think i wanted one cause they look really good!! :D I also think they look like they give the dog a really nice massage. Oh well I will just have to wait till I get a terrier that needs to be hand striped, and i might not have too long to wait.....;-) ;-) ;-)

sarah xxxxx
  4. strawboss

strawboss New Member

Name:
    Steve
    Sounds good! I'm going to give it a try as Maya hates the wire slicker brush, she'll endure a few moments... then shows me what big teeth she has :shock:
  5. marean

marean New Member

Name:
    Marie
    Think I'll look into that as currently take Harvey to a groomer and he wasn't very co operative last time :blush: So would love to be able to do it myself.
  6. duboing

duboing New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    I've been thinking about getting one of these for a while, but was tipped over the edge when they lent them out at our puppy class tonight to demonstrate how to get your dog used to being groomed. I'm not sure Bongo even noticed what was happening (she's so fixated on the food!) but it certainly dragged out a load of the dead undercoat :D
  7. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    Beg, borrow or steal one of these (or buy one :D) - I bought one after hearing the recommendations on here. It was the best £6 I've spent in ages. Works a real treat, and the dogs seem to see it as a full body massage :D :D :D
    [​IMG]