An update on the gang, yes we are a gang again. Photos

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Luke, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Luke

Luke New Member

Azz, CaroleC and 6JRT's like this.

An update on the gang, yes we are a gang again.

Posted this on Dogsey the other week!
    Haven't posted in a while, and when I tried the other day the write post feature would just clear itself every time I alternated to the photobucket window to copy the IMG code--gave up, have had to pre type this out before hand!
    Thought some photos were in order.
    Hunter; he's three in November--where does the time go? He's maturing into the most beautiful shaded sable, getting darker and richer every malt. With a character to match too, he's never been any trouble and that doesn't change. An example that not all English roughs have gone to hell in a hand basket, hes just under 25 inches to the shoulder so still a good sized collie. His favourite past times are still marauding the garden waiting for the air ambulance to fly overhead, and commenting in a way only rough collies do on every life situation. He's become the patriarch since grey faces death, I think he misses her almost as much as i do. He's a good egg, a little highly strung sometimes and still won't walk over bridges but where there's a will there's a way.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cooper, my diamond (or smooth) in the rough. My dear throwback puppy, his ears never decided to behave but I like it! I don't have any very recent recent photos, he doesn't like the camera an is usually too busy getting into trouble, these were taken about two/three months ago. He too has matured to be a real proper rough collie, he's coming into a proper adult long coat now (not fluffy!) with all the feathering, and looking more handsome. Unlike modern roughs, his ilk take a loooong time to mature out so, it'll be a whole before he looks as he will "grow up" to be If that makes sense. He's a bit of a point of controversy with certain rough friends of mine, whereas others think he's great. He is a giant of an oaf!
    He grew to be a real sensitive soul, being quite loud I am often in the bad books with him. He sulks, a lot. And is a ghost dog, he materialises from nowhere and does the low and rumble bark nearly causing multiple heart attacks. He's very different to H. And is a real magpie too, I have to check what he's stolen--usually the post!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A couple of the roughs together
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After grey face was put down the house was too quiet, I'd never been without at least one form of terrier around the house. The roughs were just too good, I had nobody to argue with and my lap was quite empty. But since having the rough boys I realised many terriers would be unsuitable now, breeds I once longed for just wouldn't work. I couldn't have anything too hot headed or argumentative; and the idea of a dog with limited recall was awkward as the other two are one hundred percent reliable. However, extensive and long hours spent craning over dog books and the Internet and I found the compromise. A true terrier spirit, with the fire as attitude I missed but a touch of toy to keep the balance. Enter Rebel, a Yorkshire terrier. Rebel by name, Rebel by nature. He's from "correct" type and sized parents (whatever that means!) so should stay reasonably small. He walks all over the other two, but they are smitten with him. As am I. I need some more up to date photos as he actually looks like a yorkie now, as opposed to some form of Ewok's love child. He's a great little guy, a real pocket rocket.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Luke - I am not sure why but I have rather damp eyes now having read your thread and seen those wonderful photos.

So after a bit sniff, I thank you for sharing your post and photos with us. xx
  4. Luke

Luke New Member

I do think it's why I don't post about them as much, even with having the pocket rocket it's just not the same without the grey faced one. She's been gone a few months yet I still find myself pausing at doors for Her when the there go trundling through, or checking in the cubby under the stairs where she'd sleep. Worsened by the fact, without anthropomorphising too much, the big boys visibly miss her. We lost our remaining cat too, to anti freeze poisoning, s few weeks ago n they still search for him. Roughs are on a level of sensitive like no other breeds I've encountered, most curious.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Luke - love those you have - just as I love the one I have, problems and all. She is still my girl after all.

Love them Luke - and please give them cuddles from me.
  6. Luke

Luke New Member

Well of course I do. It's just a different sort of relationship with this wrecking squad :) I'm sure by the time they reach their adage they'll be just as peculiar and quirky as greyface, and thus is the beauty of the journey of puppy to passing!
  7. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Exactly Luke love the ones you're with and enjoy your memories of those that have gone. Rebel is too cute for words.
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Beautiful photo's, lovely dogs.
  9. Luke

Luke New Member

Got it in one, I don't think you ever have the same relationship with two dogs. Flo was just a huge character in life, but after that amount of time-they all are!
    And looks are deceiving,he's a right goblin! I have a few visitors who won't return to the house until his bite inhibition is better, he has a penchant for feet!