Dog Carrier Questions

Discussion in 'Affenpinscher' started by Mother*ship, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Mother*ship

Mother*ship New Member

Name:
    J

Dog Carrier

If everything goes to plan I will be adding an Affenpinscher to our family in the next few weeks.

In the interests of maximizing his socialization and getting him used to all sorts of environments his breeder has suggested I get one of those pet carriers so I can get him out and about as often as possible.

I want something practical and nothing pink or twee (and it seems that there is a lot of that out there) he is a boy after all :grin:

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks

J
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Trixy

Trixy

Name:
    Jasmine
    Have you tried Pets @ Home :) they do a few nice ones x
  4. Mother*ship

Mother*ship New Member

Name:
    J
    Thanks for the quick response!

I have had a quick look but I was really hoping for some opinions or experience, I always like to pick people's brains if I can! :lol:

J
  5. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    I have a front pack for the little ones to sit in when they are too young to go out and about, or walk long distances, and it works quite well but you need a pup that is used to sitting upright!
    Becky
  6. Trixy

Trixy

Name:
    Jasmine
    I have never used one before but I have seen a few people with them and I always have to go up and have a pet :)
  7. Mother*ship

Mother*ship New Member

Name:
    J
    Would you recommend it? Or with hindsight would you chose a different style? Can they curl up inside it if they get tired of sitting?

J
  8. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    I would recommend it but no they can't curl up in it as it is like a baby carrier with their legs out but I'm pretty certain they'd just fall asleep if they were that tired!
    Becky
  9. londonchihuahua

londonchihuahua New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    A few good makes are

Tabitha and Angus
    Dogs Department
    Puppia
    And Pet flys

They are all great! I use them for when I take the dogs on public transport mostly and they LOVE them!