English Springer Survey General Chat

Discussion in 'English Springer Spaniel' started by Kanie, May 17, 2013.

1. Kanie

Kanie New Member

Name:
    Margaret

English Springer Survey

Has anyone else who owns an ESS received an email asking them to fill in a survey for the Kennel Club?

It asks about your dog's breeding (work, show or mix) and colour. There are also questions about temperament and health.

I can see some of the questions will give meaningful results, but questions about whether your dog whines when left, or soils inside the house, backs off from people etc., are surely also down to training and rearing. I know some strains are a lot more nervy than others though.

What it didn't ask is whether you actually work your springer and what his / her strengths and weaknesses as a working dog seem to be.

I'm looking forward to seeing the results of the survey :)

Is the KC doing anything similar for any other breeds?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jenny

Jenny New Member

Name:
    jenny
    Have you checked with the Kennel Club that the email has definitely come from them? I only ask because ESS's are often targeted by thieves and how better to get info of individuals about their dogs breeding etc.

If it is legit' why are they asking such odd questions which are totally irrelevant?

Good luck and I'm sure some ESS owners will notices this thread and will comment.
  4. Kanie

Kanie New Member

Name:
    Margaret
    It's definitely from the Kennel Club and there's also a link to it on the ESS breed club website. I was just wondering what the logic was behind some of the question.