Find The Pitbull General Chat

Discussion in 'American Pit Bull Terrier' started by Hayley SBT, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley

Find The Pitbull

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    I got it in one lol! There was another one a while back and I couldn't find that one!
    Becky
  4. Sara1210

Sara1210 New Member

Name:
    Sara
    I spotted it first time :grin:
  5. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    It took me three goes. I admit I am no expert when it comes to bull breeds.
  6. Roxy

Roxy New Member

Name:
    Roxy
    That was good. I got the APBT first try but I did have to look for at least 5 minutes and then only guessed.:blush:
  7. Sara1210

Sara1210 New Member

Name:
    Sara
    Your not on your own though Moobli, i dont know many people who could identify a pitbull, thats why so many staffies are at risk at the moment.
  8. crazycockers

crazycockers New Member

Name:
    Sharon
    First time for me too!
  9. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
  10. DobieGirl

DobieGirl New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    Same here, except 4 :blush: :lol: *cough cough*
  11. Sara1210

Sara1210 New Member

Name:
    Sara

If thats the case then why aren`t staffies and american staffs banned :roll:
  12. Fudgeley

Fudgeley New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    all I got from the link was 4 fact pages, was there something else, I am having a dumb day I guess?
  13. Sara1210

Sara1210 New Member

Name:
    Sara
    Click on the button at the top :lol:
  14. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Don't tempt them, staffies are banned in huge swathes of Europe, this is where the true danger of BSL lies.

http://www.dominodogs.org/bslworld01.html
  15. gsdfan

gsdfan New Member

Name:
    Pauline
    Thats really hard it took 7 tries to find it, i thought i knew what they looked like x
  16. Adele4dan

Adele4dan New Member

Name:
    Adele
    I think the fact pages on the site are wrong,
    It says Pitt bull is not a breed, In a previous post Azz said this...

A pit bull is a breed of dog, one that is banned in the UK.
    quote teenytiny: I have a staffy x american bulldog and i now have people telling me these 2 breeds can make a pitt bull ?????
    That incorrect - they can't make a pit bull. Although the offspring may appear to be of pit bull 'type' - but then so can a lab cross. Type means the 'type' of dog in terms of how it looks.

I dont know how they can say a staffy is a pitt bull?!?! These sort of sites cause all the problems.
  17. Sara1210

Sara1210 New Member

Name:
    Sara

I know and i think its disgusting :evil:

It all boils down to some people being so far up their own arses, and slagging certain breeds off :evil:

I dont dislike any breed. Nobody should be able to judge a breed just because a few have bitten, its a known fact that anything to do with staffies being aggressive whether its with dogs or humans, is taken out of context and people do like to exaggerate :evil:
  18. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty

That website is a real eye-opener and very, very worrying! I confess to not knowing the SBT was banned in so many countries :-( I do remember though the horrific scenes in Germany a couple of years back with random members of the public beating up owners of SBTs and the like and their dogs being seized and destroyed, I seem to recall one APBT being shot dead in a park :-(

Regarding the law in Ireland. My mother is Irish and I spent many happy holidays there as a child on my grandparents rural farm. I haven't been back in about 15 years and would love to visit again, but there is NO WAY I am taking Flame on holiday to a country where she has to be constantly muzzled and on a lead when in a public place.
  19. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    first time...
  20. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    The problem with the DDA is that the law bans pitbull 'type', this means your dog doesnt have to be a pitbull just has to look like one, so really most staffy crosses could be classed as pitbull type.
    Becky
  21. megan57collies

megan57collies New Member

Name:
    I got it in one go but it was a fifty fifty with one of the other pictures. I wasn't a hundred percent sure. The pictures not the best.
    It does make you think though. How many innocent dogs could be ceased in the future just for looking a bit like one.
    I hope the powers that be tread VERY VERY lightly.