General questions for my mal. Health

Discussion in 'Alaskan Malamute' started by Graeme Mercer, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Graeme Mercer

Graeme Mercer New Member

Name:
    Graeme Mercer

General questions for my mal.

Hello everyone,
    Just a quick question, Cody has been on and off of his food for a while which I spoke about in a earlier post and we've changed our Barf company which seems to have cured the problem.

He's some times bringing up white foam in the mornings even though we have a pretty solid feeding schedule. He's been at the vets and had all the tests. They've come back with a higher potassium and phosphorus in his blood tests which they didn't seem too concerned about.

He seems pretty happy, goes 1000mph running obout the fields near our house but has slowed down quite a lot since he was younger in the house. He tends to have a few mins of walking about and play then spends a lot of time laying down and has quite a fast breathing rate sometimes....he's popping back to the vets to discus the results.

I guess what I'm tying to find out is what we're or are you malamutes like at this age with amounts of activity?

Any feedback would be great.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. AIIan

AIIan Member

Name:
    Allan
    Everest currently being a bit of a fuss about eating, though she lately has been having 300g kibble at some point in the afternoon (we just leave it down from lunchtime onwards).

In tersm of activity, 3 miles odd in morning, 3 miles odd in evening on lead walking.

209765 miles barrelling about the garden and house throughout the day,

Mad fits and spurts of activity interspersed with long periods upside down on her back fast asleep either in her crate in the AM or in the cool tiles of the kitchen as soon as it gets above 10 degrees celcius.

Generally quick breathing rate also. I always assumed a constant sense of being too hot combined with big big lungs.