I'm new to raw feeding Diet

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by wokas33854, Mar 14, 2024.

1. wokas33854

wokas33854 New Member

Name:
    Vebberde
    irnini likes this.

I'm new to raw feeding

I'm considering mixing raw food with kibble for my dog. Is this a good idea? Are there any specific ratios or feeding recommendations I should follow?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Lifew/dogs

Lifew/dogs New Member

Name:
    lonnie
  4. irnini

irnini New Member

Name:
    irnini
    CaroleC likes this.
    Looking to add some variety and nutrition to your dog's raw food meals? There are many healthy options you can mix in! Consider chopped vegetables like carrots or green beans for fiber, or some berries for antioxidants. Cooked and cooled brown rice or oatmeal can provide complex carbohydrates for energy. Raw eggs are a great source of protein and healthy fats, while bone broth adds hydration and essential minerals. Remember, when unsure about a new ingredient, consult your veterinarian to ensure it's safe for your pup. For more information on what can I mix with raw dog food" explore the internet for detailed recipes and recommendations.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Toedtoes likes this.
    I have never had any problems mixing cooked or raw meat - and vegetables - in with with a high quality grain-free kibble.
  6. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    CaroleC likes this.
    I agree. This is a much easier way to add raw because you don't have to worry as much about getting the full range of nutrients from the raw portion (which can be daunting to some.

I do recommend that you speak with your vet about feeding raw and discuss ingredients with them. Peas and lentils, and to a lesser extent potatoes, are still being researched in connection to dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM).
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Toedtoes likes this.
    Tally's salad which follows her kibble and meat. IMG_20231113_113138_hdr.jpg

White cabbage, carrot, cucumber, sweet potato and red pepper. She will eat anything of course - except lettuce!
  8. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    CaroleC likes this.
    My current don't do veggies. They are both junk food junkies.

Bat-dog ate anything and everything except pineapple.
  9. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Toedtoes and CaroleC like this.
    My dogs like fruit. Apples, watermelon, blueberries and oranges. Not fans of veggies though
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Toedtoes likes this.
    Tally is a big fruit fan too. Banana is a big favourite, also red berries and tomatoes.
  11. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    CaroleC likes this.
    Bat-dog and Moose-dog liked fruit. These two can't be bothered. But these two like candy and drive thrus.
  12. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    :044: Not recommended!
  13. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Tell that to Tornado-dog when he prances around with a wrapped werther's caramel he stole from the candy dish for hours and then shoves it into your face so you'll unwrap it for him...

I do make sure nothing contains zylitol or chocolate. And they only get it on rare occasions. But a butter rum life saver is a QUALITY treat.