Irish staff X American Bulldog General Chat

Discussion in 'American Bulldog' started by georgtown, Nov 23, 2009.

1. georgtown

georgtown New Member

Name:
    georgy

Irish staff X American Bulldog

hi i have a staffy X american bulldog she is 22wk old an i was just wondering if there was anyone on here with a similar breed my dog is all white and i was only wondering what she might look like if you have a dog like this could you please post your photos here thanks
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2009
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Krusewalker

Krusewalker

Name:
    kiwi
    you should be careful.

this sort of cross-breed gets identified under the law as pit bull type, meaning its an illegal breed.

there isnt really a recognised breed under either the Irish or British Kenel club called "irish staffie", its more an unofficial description of a certain look of staffy, usually long legged.

id stick to the term staffy, if i was you
  4. georgtown

georgtown New Member

Name:
    georgy
    thanks for the heads-up
  5. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    I agree...unfortunely it is very likely that your dog could end up looking like a Pit Bull.
  6. longford

longford New Member

Name:
    james
    It will be a plastic pitbull its a typical cross with the bloods and homos and have a look on pizco as there are loads of these crosses on there also its not good to cross a fighting dog with a protection dog and there is no need for this type of cross.:evil:
  7. lozzibear

lozzibear New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    i agree, in your pic he looks quite pit-ish already...
  8. coldy

coldy New Member

Name:
    colin
    ignore them . my dog is an american bulldog and she looks very pitt-ish . she has a longer snout than the more bully ones and she looks just like your dog . . some breeders prefer this as its more healthy for the dogs. plus there are hardly any white pitt bulls about . you can get them but there few and far between . .. if any one asks say shes american bulldog end of . .. shes gorgeuse .. speak again soon .
  9. liverbird

liverbird New Member

Name:
    KAREN
    whats that all about?? there are no fighting dog breeds, i find your post very rude. :evil:
  10. longford

longford New Member

Name:
    james
    Where do you live in cockoo land??there are no fighting dog breeds I find you very weird:twisted: An american bulldog is a protection breed and staff or stafford was created to be used as a fighting breed and still is by some
    and whats the matter no one to argue with
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2009
  11. liverbird

liverbird New Member

Name:
    KAREN
    only humans make tthe breeds into fighting dogs :twisted:
  12. longford

longford New Member

Name:
    james
    humans created many different breeds for different jobs so what is your point???as you dont seem to have one and yet again hijacked a post and not added anything to it??
  13. lozzibear

lozzibear New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    ignore who?? i was only say he looks a bit like a pit since it could cause trouble with them being illegal!

you are extremely rude.

yes, some dogs have been bred for fighting but only by complete morons, SBTs were originally bred for bull baiting. just idiots since then breeding for fighting... but thats not what they were bred for. the only reason dog fighting was started was coz the 'bloodsports' were banned before then, they werent bred for that.
  14. liverbird

liverbird New Member

Name:
    KAREN
    God you are rude arent you. :shock:
  15. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I think the prob could be that although the original job may not have been fighting, some of those that are into using dogs as 'fighting' dogs, will breed from such dogs, obviously they will use dogs that good fighters and a characteristic is passed on. So dogs that were not originally bred for fighting, are bred for fighting now:-( , by some.
  16. lozzibear

lozzibear New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    but thats the point i was trying to make, some people have bred them to fight but that wasnt what the breed was originally bred for. i have met many lovely dog friendly SBTs, i dont believe a breed that is like that with other dogs can be classed as a 'fighting' breed.
  17. longford

longford New Member

Name:
    james
    I will think you will find that the sbt was not bred for bull baiting it was bulldogs then when this declined they bred bulldogs to terriers to produce a fighting dog these so called idiots in the early 17th /18th century produced the wonderful breed we have I think you will also find the sbt was called the pitbull and terrier up until 1935 in this country ;-)

Also I think idiots who breed protection dogs with fighting dogs are the real idiots as this is why you have the problem with children dieing in this country as a result of these cross breeds so they can produce a pitbull type dog that has unstable temperaments and is also capable of being a manbiter and fighting dog

So lets get back to the proper subject here what is the point in this cross??
  18. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    OMG, off subject but if the info in the link is true, it supports the fighting dog theory (above), read that bit about being with kids in prams, after a fight!
    [mod edit]
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2009
  19. longford

longford New Member

Name:
    james
    I think you will find gamenes is a funny thing and there are well known dogs that were fine with other dogs as gameness is not about aggression,you may have met people that have lovely staffords but a lot are still capable of doing the job they was intended for when pushed to far so never under estimate them.

Also we are talking about irish staffords real irish staffords are down from fighting working blood and when crossed to a protection dog on steroids you are asking for trouble.

People crossing these dogs are not looking fgor friendly dogs they are trying to make a big hard dog unstable temp and you will find lots of these crosses with gangs who put other bullbreed owners in a bad light.And I know alot of bullbreed owners who dont like these crosses as it spells trouble

Sorry if I offended you but thats how it is
  20. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    The "proper subject" here was the OP asking for photos if any other members had similar crosses.
  21. longford

longford New Member

Name:
    james
    If the member looked on pizco im sure they will find many of these crosses or just go into south london onto the estates will find many there:002:

Also I think you will find the little girl that died in liverpool was killed by the exact same cross