Pit Bulls and children Historic photos Photos

Discussion in 'American Pit Bull Terrier' started by Bulldogs4Life, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee

Pit Bulls and children Historic photos

I've done a few photo threads and wanted to do one that featured children and APBT together.
    I will provide information where possible.

[​IMG]
    I don't know the history of this photo but it is cute. The dog looks pretty focused too.

[​IMG]
    Nothing like the joy of a Lil kid and their pup

[​IMG]
    I've had this photo forever. I don't have any info on it though.

[​IMG]
    little tyke big dog lol

[​IMG]
    Probably one of the better known dogs. Petey! Son of Grand Champion Black Jack, born 1924 I believe. A doggie actor. He was also one of the earliest Pits to be registered as an Am Staff.

[​IMG]
    I'm sure this dog is of some famed line?

[​IMG]
    The girl looks mischievous

[​IMG]
    Colby's Primo, born 1935. Was also one of the early dogs to be registered as an AmStaff and is the foundation for the original AKC standard.

[​IMG]
    No info on this one, but adorable

[​IMG]
    Tess 1917 a Henry bitch with her kids

[​IMG]
    Cheif Lucky Bill and his daughter with Jeff and Biddie. He not only bred game pit dogs but also police dogs. When the militia mobilized his dogs gave a great demonstration and Gov Deneen was said to have given his compliments on the dogs.
    There were those who used the dogs as personal guards as well. These are not human aggressive, unstable dogs like you might see today but in that time they were usually trained to take down without the use of teeth. They were taught to trip, tackle, hold or pin down people. Of course I imagine getting knocked off your feet could knock the wind out of you.

[​IMG]
    Yellow Boy (1910) a 29lbs Corcoran dog with his young charge. He beat Armitage's Pat in a 1hr 30min match.

[​IMG]
    1910 Paul Ritcher with Red Paddy 49lbs son of Henry's Red Toddy and Black Mollie 55lbs daughter of Henry's Black Brandy.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Azz and Bulldogs4Life like this.
    What incredible pictures - impossible to choose a favourite.

How I'd love to know all about each and every of those animals and people!
  4. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    I will have to ask my dad if I can borrow some of the photo's of his 8 American Pitbulls he had when us kids were 2 to 12 years old, can remember one photo that shows me roughly aged 3 years old with Bruiser, Boss, Lilly & Nana {Nina but for some reason I couldn't say Nina so called her Nana} another photo shows us 6 kids sitting on a fallen tree with all 8 dogs sitting between us.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Yes cute, but the fight refs. make my stomach churn. A 30 second spat in the kitchen is too much for me!
  6. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Buzzyboy, Azz and CaroleC like this.
    I wish I had info on all of them. Some old pics I've found on the web and others in books that didn't even have to do with Pit Bulls.

Sounds adorable. It would be really neat if you could share them.

They are certainly not a breed for everyone. If they are dog aggressive it can be too much for some owners, others are willfully irresponsible.

They don't have a pretty history being used for blood sport but it is a part of their past. Unfortunately there isn't a lot of positive info out there. There is a bit though, such as them being police dogs, at least that's a helpful task.
  7. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    Azz likes this.
    Really enjoyed looking at this thread.

It reminded me very much of the old sepia images of when giving 7 irish wolfhounds was a traditional gift.

Some lovely old pics on the web of kids with 7 dogs.
  8. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    7 IWHs! Oh my. Do you have any antique pics to share in the world hound forum?
  9. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    Historically it was a gift.

Look it up lol.

Imagine that eek

Leave it with me........
  10. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Phil likes this.
    That's be a bit much. I've heard of things like that. Or Kings having a 100 dogs or giving dogs / animals as gifts.

I meant wolf hound forum
  11. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    Can't find it now but I've read many times about 7 wolfhounds being an old noble time gift. I'll get back to you about it as there are some great stories.

For now - I've a proper Springer Spaniel to take out whilst the big lazy daft noble rug soaks up the last of the fire and my greedy lab try's to nick the cat food lol
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  12. lovemybull

lovemybull Member

Name:
    Opheila
    Just pics of my girl. Special needs...but my boy Callie, actually any children...and women he is a lover across the board. Strange men and he is protective with me and my girl. With my son he doesn't care. They DO know the difference.
  13. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    You would have to see a behaviorist to address either of the dogs issues. There is behavior modification and in some cases management.