Westminster 2017? General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by CaroleC, Feb 13, 2017.

1. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole

Westminster 2017?

Just for fun. What breed does everyone think will emerge as Best in Show at Westminster tomorrow?
    Though there are some super Beagles around, I think it is too soon after Miss P's win for another success this year. I have no idea of the entries or the judges, but I'm inclined to go for a Terrier this time - so I'll take a punt on an Australian Terrier.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Really have no idea except I'm certain it won't be a Shar-Pei!

I was thrilled to see that a Mini Schnauzer called Jonesy won the 12 inch Agility Championship. Did it perfectly and boy could he move!
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I watched final judging of the under 13" Beagles yesterday, but the 13 - 15" video link only showed a split second of them waiting to enter the ring.
    It is surprising how small some of the entries are. Just one Lowchen!
    I noticed that the Non Sporting group was won by the UK Standard Poodle Afterglow Tyrone Power, but I am having trouble navigating the site, and though the individual breeds are easy to find, I can't find any other group winners, and their groups are so different to ours. Do I take it the Elkhound has taken the hound group - did you spot any others?
  6. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    The Gsd is through. I watched the Gsd's but found it hard to follow,they dont set them up at the end like we do, i got totally confused Haa
    Have you tried youtube they got some vids on there .
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I was wrong about the Standard Poodle. The Non Sporting group was won by a Min. Poodle, and the Toy group by a Peke. Herding and Hound groups were as Vee stated, the GSD, and the Elkhound. I suppose today's Groups will be posted in the early hours in the UK.
  8. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
  9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    @GsdSlave Just been having a skip through. Congratulations to the GSD and all connected. I rather liked it - what did you think Vee?
  10. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Sue Staffy likes this.
    Not really my type, at first glance I thought it was a male ,thought she was a bit ‘doggy’ looking especially the head, hard to tell from short video clip ,though I was surprised at amount of white on her chest but she seemed to have a great personality and temperament and was obviously enjoying herself.

The final 7

Didn’t like the boxers ears they looked weird.
  11. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Yes, I did put 'it' because I wasn't sure of the sex. How nice to see one handled by the owner/breeder though. I'm sure there would be fewer complaints about poor temperament if more owners were capable of showing their own dogs.