What Is This Noise Behaviour

Discussion in 'Yorkshire Terrier' started by Mindy410, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Mindy410

Mindy410 New Member

Name:
    Mindy

What Is This Noise

Hello everyone, I have a new yorkie and he has made the same noise the chi does in this video since I got him at 4 months old. He is now 11 months. He does it at least once a day and when playing with toys or sometimes when running. Does anyone know what it is. Went to two seperate vets and they are not concerned but of course as a mom I am!!. Thanks

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    LMost likes this.
    Hello Mindy and welcome :) your Chi appears to be sneezing and could have had a small foreign object in his nose .
    I would not like to suggest that your Yorkie is doing the same thing when I have not actually seen it . He could be 'reverse sneezing' which is a problem mainly small dogs get involving the soft pallet.
    If you vet has seen him and isn't worried and he is fit and healthy in every way I wouldn't worry too much.
    Maybe you can get a video of him do this ...
  4. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    My little Tibetan Spaniel sometimes did "reverse sneezing" but it didn't sound like the chi in the video. The best way I can explain it is that it was more like a snort combined with a sneeze whereas the chi sounded as though it had a cough.. My Pei sneezes like a human but usually in the summer when there's a lot of dust and pollen. Are you using anything in the house such as carpet cleaner or have changed the brand of detergent you wash your Yorkies blankets with, because it's most probably something he's allergic to that's causing the problem?
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Meg likes this.
    Sounds more like a little little cough than a reverse sneeze to me. As it always happens when he's playing I would suggest that it might just be excitement. There could be an allergen in his environment, but if the vet can't find a reason, and it stays as just an occasional sound, I don't think I would worry too much about it. Of course if it did get more persistent, I would follow it up.
  6. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Yes I agree Carole :) I listened again with a better broadband connection and it does sound like a little cough.