I'm in disguise. Hello again!

Discussion in 'Your Introductions' started by Helidale, Aug 15, 2021.

1. Helidale

Helidale Member

Name:
    Carole

I'm in disguise.

My clunky Chrome powered tablet is steadily getting even more clunky, but as I can't remember my password, I could only read posts and not contribute on this Amazon one. I have now managed to set up an alias account on here. I hit a few snags along the way but in case anything peculiar happens - I am not trying to fool anyone. What could possibly go wrong?
    Carole & Ed.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Malka and Helidale like this.
    Been there, done that in the past. As I remember it, even with the password I couldn't get in and had to generate a new account.
  4. Helidale

Helidale Member

Name:
    Carole
    I had to create a duplicate email account too. What I don't get is that Breedia auto-filled in my birthdate correctly, and clearly knows that I am me! Any emails to my new email account are being delivered to the original box - the new box is empty. Weird or what?
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    And you got me puzzling as to why!
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Umm, err, I prefer not to think! [just in case mine goes kerplunk...]
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Helidale likes this.
    I had a minor problem when Azz stopped the Dogseymail addresses but as far as I can remember it was not too difficult to change my email address.

When my previous computer went Pete Tong and I was using a loan computer from Effi I had no problem in getting straight onto Breedia [I never log out] - BUT - when he brought the new one and put all my stuff onto it, I could not get here as me. So I opened a new account and posted on "Ask the Mods" or "Ask Admin" for help, and Azz sorted it for me.

https://www.forum.breedia.com/threads/this-is-malka-juli.18638/#post-224733
  8. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Malka and Helidale like this.
    Who is this? What have you done with Carole?
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Toedtoes and Helidale like this.
    Tikva ate her for breakfast...
  10. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Helidale and Malka like this.
    Hopefully the mods will be able to help,its strange seeing you with different user name.
  11. Helidale

Helidale Member

Name:
    Carole
    My affix. Last used on Ed. Time it had an outing.
  12. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I’m giving you lots of likes since you’re starting from scratch but have lots of good karma built up from your old alias (or true self)!
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    My affix is still registered with the KC - and a few years ago I registered it as a domain. I remember when I applied to the KC I had to give a choice of six names, in no particular order of preference, with no guarantee that they would accept any of them. Luckily they accepted the one that I wanted - and back then it cost a certain amount each year to keep it, or pay a one-off amount for permanent use. I do not remember how much it was - thought it was rather a lot, but on the recommendation of my mentor [and with a temporary loan from her], took out permanent registration.
  14. Helidale

Helidale Member

Name:
    Carole
    I consider my affix the best bargain of my doggy career. In 1962 I applied to use Helidale, Helivale, or Helibank. I really wasn't bothered which, but I was granted the first name on my list. I had Goldens at that time and the Heli part was from the Greek for Sun. I paid annually for a couple of years, but then I took out a joint affix in partnership with a GSD breeder/trainer. Big mistake! This only lasted for a couple of years.
    In 1966 I notified the KC that I had a new name and address. They replied with a standard acknowledgement, and enclosed a renewal for my original affix. Like a rat up a drainpipe, I compounded it for life, at the cost of 8 guineas. (£8.8 shillings pre-decimal). The current annual maintenance fee for a kennel name, as we are now supposed to call it, is either £20, or £18 D.debit. There are no lifetime contracts any more.
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I was some years after you when I started breeding but I have no idea how much it cost. The KC were, I thought, a rip off with their fees. So much for registering each pup, so much for transferring ownership when selling one etc. And yet another fee when my mentor gave me my second bitch, who was going to be my foundation bitch, to add "of [my affix] to her registered name. [Mentors Affix] - bitch's name - of [my affix]! Especially as both affixes had four syllables. What a handful of a name!

What really bugged me was when my Z girl did the almost impossible the second [and last] time I bred her, by producing five puppies. She had two the first time, and Griffons usually only have two or three. So I wanted all their names to start with Z, as hers did. Three females, two males - and all with names beginning with Z which would sound OK with my affix.

And the KC refused one, saying that it was similar to a registered affix. But it would have been preceded by my own affix, therefore could not possibly be connected to some other affix that was spelled differently in any case.

Plus, of course, it all had to be done by snail mail, so everything took so long.
  16. Helidale

Helidale Member

Name:
    Carole
    I didn't bred many litters. It takes a lot of planning when you have a living to earn, and for me the primary reason was always to keep something for myself. Three litters of Goldens, (two of the litters only had only two in each). Around 15 litters of Cavaliers. That might sound a lot, but I was active in the breed for 20 years, and kept an average of six girls. Just the one litter of Löwchen - a breed which I found very difficult to place. There were no big prices charged for puppies in those days.
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Unless someone has large breeding kennels it is, or was, impossible to earn anything - as you say, there were no big prices charged and I do not think I ever made any money but I had the satisfaction of breeding really good Griffs. And that was the main point.