Dog Shoes General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Blue River, Jul 25, 2022.

1. Blue River

Blue River New Member

Name:
    Raj

Dog Shoes

Need help in finding the perfect pair of boots for my Maltese. Anyone got any suggestions... Needed sort of hiking boots as we both like to stay outdoors most of the time.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Was in a pet supply store once when someone called out over the intercom “customer service to the booty aisle please, customer service to the booty aisle”.

I don’t have any advice for you, but remembering this brought me a chuckle
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    If you type "Hiking boots for dogs" or "Shoes for dogs" into Google [or any other search engine] you will find plenty.
  5. Blue River

Blue River New Member

Name:
    Raj
    Got it
  6. Blue River

Blue River New Member

Name:
    Raj
    Hey, found this article a little relevant to my requirements in Google...

https://doggyshoe.com/dog-hiking-boots-for-outdoor-adventures/

If possible, could you please suggest one among them?
  7. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Why not email the various companies and ask what boots are suitable for your dogs needs and for his breed?
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Is this a spoof thread? I really can't imagine a breed with such dainty legs and feet being comfortable wearing hiking boots. A normal dog's foot is designed to be unshod for exercise. Covering the dog's feet will stop the pads from becoming hard, and the nails from wearing down as they should. Unless your dog has a foot problem, and your vet has recommended covering them, please let your dog run unhindered, as nature intended.
  9. Marine6212

Marine6212 New Member

Name:
    Marine6212
    I spent just shy of $400 U.S. at the Vet for Azreal after I tore the top layer of his pads running him 1/2 a mile on asphalt. We spend a lot of money in getting our babies and and a unexpected Vet visit can set some families back $$ that they don't have to spend . If Blue River wants to spend $ on dog boots to save $$$ at a Vet, I have no issues with that at all. We want to take the best care of our fur babies and hate seeing them in pain or being lame.

10. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Yes, dog boots can be good if used for the right reasons. Just being outdoors, boots should not be necessary. If the ground is too hot for the dog without boots, then it's too hot for the dog WITH boots.

If the dog is doing actual hiking on rough terrain, the boots can protect them. If the dog is in snow, etc, then the boots can protect them.

But I wonder what activities a maltese is doing that boots would be necessary.

And putting boots on the dog so it doesn't track dirt or mud into the house is not a good reason.
  11. Blue River

Blue River New Member

Name:
    Raj
    Thank you for understanding.
  12. Blue River

Blue River New Member

Name:
    Raj
    Really great idea. Will surely try that