Does any1 know what cross breed my new puppy is? please ID this breed/mix

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by LITTLE CHOPPER, Jun 19, 2010.

1. LITTLE CHOPPER

LITTLE CHOPPER New Member

Name:
    jono

Does any1 know what cross breed my new puppy is? please

Hi we got our new puppy on friday hes only 19 weeks old and already got huge paws and looks like hes going to be huge, but we cant work out what cross breed he is, the previous owners told us what they thought but we have had so many people saying they think its different to what they said. (even the vet told us something different lol)

So without us telling you what people have said just so we dont put thoughts in your heads, can you give us your suggestions please because its really bugging us now.

We will tell you what we were told by the previous owners after we get some suggestions.
    Thanks for your help.

http://s368.photobucket.com/albums/oo129/CHROMElizard/
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2010
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. lisa01uk87

lisa01uk87 New Member

Name:
    lisa
    lab x golden retrievier? maybe
  4. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    My first reaction was to think Golden Retriever with those gorgeous soft gentle eyes:grin: His ear carriage suggests a prick-eared breed like a GSD. Hey I am hopeless at these guessing games.

He is gorgeous though, I am sure you will have lots of fun and enjoyment with him.
  5. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    I would also say that is a possibility :)
  6. Heather and Zak

Heather and Zak New Member

Name:
    heather
    I would say Lab crossed with some kind of terrier.
  7. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum

Name:
    Sue
    Was going to say lab/retriever as well. Whatever it was there's light-nosed dogs in there like yellow labs, choc labs, retrievers and some white GSDs. Paws aren't always a good guide since some breeds have big feet, long feet, or short feet, cat-like feet and hare-feet including some big breeds!
  8. LITTLE CHOPPER

Name:
    jono
    thanks every1 for your feedback so far, we are very grateful for your suggestions we will let you all know what the vet,lots of people in the park and previous owners told us tomorrow when more people get the chance to respond.

we are not being funny just want to see what breeds comes up most without us telling you what they said.
    thanks again..
  9. LITTLE CHOPPER

Name:
    jono
    Hi does any1 know the cross breed of my new puppy? please

thanks again hope we get lots of feedback today.
  10. LITTLE CHOPPER

Name:
    jono
    hi does any1 know the cross breed of my dog? please

Hi we got our new puppy on friday hes only 19 weeks old and already got huge paws and looks like hes going to be a really big boy, but we cant work out what cross breed he is, the previous owners told us what they thought but we have had so many people saying they think its different to what they said. (even the vet told us something different lol)

So without us telling you what people have said just so we dont put thoughts in your heads, can you give us your suggestions please because its really bugging us now.

We will tell you what we were told by the previous owners after we get some suggestions.
    Thanks for your help.

http://s368.photobucket.com/albums/oo129/CHROMElizard/
  11. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    I think Lab x GSD, he seems to have the Lab head and colouring but his ears and body shape make me think GSD.

He is gorgeous whatever he is :grin:
  12. Lynn

Lynn Member

Name:
    Lynn
    He is gorgeous I think Lab or Golden retriever in there somewhere.
  13. rune

rune

Id have said lab x goldie as well. Could be goldie cross some kind of mastiff though.

What is he like with toys? Does he hang on to them? Does he roll over when he doesn't want to do something?

rune
  14. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    lab and GSD for me, can't see how the lab x goldie would make his ears like that as they both have a similar ear, quite large and forward facing. :?
  15. malwhit

malwhit New Member

Name:
    Malcolm
    There is definately Golden Retreiver or Lab in the mix. In some pix I see a hint of Bull Terrier, in others Collie:p

Whatever he is - he is gorgeous
  16. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    The light eye confuses me - Lab x Golden Retriever tends to be a tall Lab looking dog - like most guide dogs these days so I don't think that ...but I do think some Lab or Golden in there

I think maybe some Staff or boxer or similar type for the head shape and staff could account for the varied ear carriage ...

Not seeing any GSD at all ....
  17. Miss Potter

Miss Potter New Member

Name:
    Lianne
    I was thinking Goldie x Mastiff. Absolutely gorgeous, whatever!!!!:grin: :grin: :grin:
  18. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    Aw he's lovely whatever the mix... I was going to say Lab x GSD or maybe a hint of terrier?? Gorgeous anyway:grin:
  19. blkntanbull

blkntanbull New Member

Name:
    roy
    i'd say lab x white shepherd.
  20. LITTLE CHOPPER

Name:
    jono
    Hi thanks every1 for the suggestions again, he doesnt hang onto his toys much and doesnt roll over when he doesnt want to do something.

We saved the little feller from a family who we think may have been neglecting him and the vet has said he has all the signs of this because hes very nervous and hes only just learning how to play with his toys, its a real shame really because hes such a good beautiful boy.

on the day of getting him the lady told us we have given him a bath, well sort of we used a cold hose and he didnt like it very much so he didnt get a propa wash, we couldnt believe what she told us and just couldnt wait to save the poor feller.

Both times we went to see him he was left outside, the second time it was pooring with rain and she didnt want him inside, hopefully he will learn we just want to love him and we will never neglect him in any way.

Its really hard for us as he is our first dog and we are only learning ourselfs.
  21. peedie

peedie New Member

Name:
    Kirsten
    Definitely lab in there, maybe with some collie/GSD?! As has been said, a lab type crossed with an uppy eared breed... Does anyone else see a slightly husky type look in him?