1 week till i get my doggy! :3 General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Gazmo, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Gazmo

Gazmo New Member

Name:
    Grace

1 week till i get my doggy! :3

Hey! Thanks eveyone for all your help with advice on getting a puppy and ive now found one! :) A little Miniature Dachshund girl!

Shes 9 weeks and 4 days and im getting her next saturday!

Ive got everyone bought and ready, just waiting for the crate to arrive tomorrw :3

Anyway this is her! x

[​IMG]
    Shes 1/4 wire haired, her dad is a KC registed smooth haired and her mum is a wirehaired/smooth cross.
    Shes looking mostly smooth so far but she has the odd tuft of fur here and there :) x
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Gazmo likes this.
    How exciting! she is adorable, sounds like you've planned everything well look forward to seeing more pics x
    What are you going to call her
  4. Gazmo

Gazmo New Member

Name:
    Grace
    hehe thanks! :) yeah i spent the last few days going from exited to terrified xD But ive taken out a couple books on dachshunds from the library, read them, and spent hours on the internet for everything so i feel less scared now haha! :)
    I think im going to call her Luna :) Ill definately be posting lots of pics!
  5. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Congratz and best wishes for you and the new pup.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    How wonderful - she is absolutely adorable :049: :049: :049: :049: :049: :049: :049:
  7. Gazmo

Gazmo New Member

Name:
    Grace
    thanks! :3 x im so exited
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Gazmo likes this.
    Best wishes to you and Luna. I hope she grows to be all you want in a dog.
  9. Gazmo

Gazmo New Member

Name:
    Grace
    Aww Thankyou that's sweet of you :3 x
  10. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    She looks lovely :) however I notice the pic is from pets4homes - I would avoid that site like the plague! http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=192479

Many 'free-ad' type sites are just outlets for puppy farmers and bybs.

Whatever you decide - good luck!
  11. Gazmo

Gazmo New Member

Name:
    Grace
    Yeah I've heard its a bit dodgy but the people seem okay, Ive spoken to a few people about dogs and these seem the most trustworthy, sent me a picture of the mother and all that plus I'm going to visit first to see her and make sure it's all ok :3
  12. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Agree with Azz, it's a shame after all your research into what breed to get you then go with a known outlet for puppy farmers ....good luck with your pup !
  13. Gazmo

Gazmo New Member

Name:
    Grace
    Erm I'm not exactly supporting puppy farming? If I thought this pup was part of one I wouldn't be going there..
    Thanks.. :( not really sure what to say to that
  14. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    I hope not, have you also checked whether the parents have had the relevant health tests for all breeds in the mix.....PRA for instance ?
  15. Gazmo

Gazmo New Member

Name:
    Grace
    Yup, both parents are PRA checked, the puppy's been to the vets and been checked over for general issues, and has had 2 of it's injections x
  16. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    What are the results of the pra test.

What do you mean the pup had had 2 of his injections....they usually have the first at 8 / 9 weeks then they can't have the second till 4 weeks later, so what 2 injections has pup had.
  17. Gazmo

Gazmo New Member

Name:
    Grace
    Both parents are clear x

I'm going up to visit to check everything first.

Please understand that im not being irresponsible I have done my research and asked all the right questions. Just because I happened to find her on that website should mean i have to be interrogated x I know your looking out for the puppy and everything but for me it is upsetting because this is supposed to be a happy time for me x thanks for showing an interest but please just trust me x

I'm getting a dog to help with my anxiety issues so you can understand why i feel like I do x
  18. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    I don’t think anyone means to upset you but are just concerned that you’ve gone through Pets4homes, yes its website where you can place adverts. However it is used by a lot of puppy farmers and byb. They are subject to regular demonstrations by anti puppy farming protesters.

Another good test is to look at the phone number of any of the adverts and then google it. You will often find it being repeated across a number of sites, including other similar internet sites, and often with multiple dog breeds.
  19. Gazmo

Gazmo New Member

Name:
    Grace
    I know no one means to :) x and Thankypu for that tip im gonna go and do that x
  20. pugluva

pugluva Member

Name:
    carol
    Gazmo likes this.
    Hope everything turns out to be ok for you, and your puppy looks beautiful.
    Exciting times x
  21. Gazmo

Gazmo New Member

Name:
    Grace
    Thanks very much :3 x I am nervous now but I'm sure it'll all be ok x