1st January 2017 & already we have 3 unwanted Christmas pups Rescue

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by 6JRT's, Jan 1, 2017.

1. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Really interesting to see the OP in denial about having returned a puppy to an obvious commercial breeder only for the puppy to be used for more commercial breeding. Evading relevant questions and denying obvious facts while mostly quoting the owner/breeder.

I'd bet the dogs showing at crufts is probably about as true as them only breeding every other year, and we can see that isn't true. Very interesting indeed.

This type of thing certainly doesn't cut down on the dogs being dumped, and absolutely nobody is being held responsible.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    @mjfromga The Rescue Home takes great care when returning puppies to the rightful owners/breeders, I was not alone when the Fox Terrier was returned to the breeder - as for showing at Crufts I had checked beforehand, they have been showing dogs there for near on 30 years, [both smooth coat & rough coat Fox Terriers] they have had 8 best in breed & 19 reserve best in breed, including best junior bitch in 2012, all this was confirmed by all the photo's on the wall & the rosettes, they also had the front pages of their local paper framed on wall for when they won best in breed.

As for over breeding their bitches all one's got to do is check with KC to see how many puppies they have been registered each year & to which bitch also by following the generation tree this again confirms that they only breed once every other year.
  4. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    I don't think overbreeding their bitches is the question here, it's the fact YOU said they only breed 1 litter every other year, which is clearly untrue, you said that as a recommendation of good breeders.

I don't know how good or not they are, but breeding and showing and a wall full of photos does not make someone ethical .

I make it clear I am not saying that is what they are, far from it they may well be excellent breeders, and the amount of litters they had had in the last couple of months is not excessive at all for large show kennels.

My issue Tina is your explanation of the breeder, you led us to believe in one post they only have a litter every other year, then almost in the same sentence you give a completely different reality, it did not take much working out, what you said is untrue.

I don't have an issue of the amount of litters they have, just not sure why the need to fabricate the story !
  5. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Right they had 3 breeding bitches (smooth coated) that had pups in 2016 but won't be mated in 2017, she also had 3 breeding bitches(rough coated wired) that had not had pups in 2016 however they had pups in 2015 & will be mated this year 2017.
    Like I said they only breeds their bitches every other year.
  6. katilea

katilea New Member

Name:
    Kate
    6JRT's likes this.
    Disgusting... never taken me longer than a week to get a routine established with a puppy and it toileting outdoors consistently. I think problem sometimes people use those puppy pads cos they can't be bothered to take them out then pup gets confused that its ok to toilet indoors!

Where is your rescue based?
  7. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    We are in Newark Nottinghamshire UK
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I used puppy pads because I had a three-week-old puppy who could not be taken outside until she was old enough to have had all her puppy shots and then her rabies shot four week later. The only place she could go outside was in an unfenced front yard where all sorts of loose, strays and dumped dogs could get into, and it was doubtful that they had ever been wormed, flea'd or had had even a puppy shot. It was even too risky for me to take her out on my lap, especially when there was parvo in the area.

Being so tiny and so young, puppy pads were better for her and it was not because I could not be bothered to take her out. And yes, I still keep a small pad down because if I am not in the room when she asks to go out, she knows she can use a puppy pad if necessary.

It did not bother me when she was so young and it does not bother me now, if, on the rare occasion she needs it, she has to use a pad.
  9. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    No that`s no what you said, you said .............they only breed 1 litter every other year,

that`s not the same thing at all,
  10. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Right I am going to ask you a question now - lets say you have 6 portuguese water dog breeding bitches as well as 2 studs dogs & one of their pups ended up in a rescue home, the home then after checking with the KC & with pet log find your name as the breeder or owner of the stud dog that fathered the pup, we phone you up & we say as your the bitch owner or as you own the stud dog & the bitch owner don't want the pup back, would you like the pup back or would you like us to rehome the pup,

what would you say yes I would like the pup back
    or no you can rehome the pup

Lets say you say yes I would like to have the puppy back, we then ask how many times a year do you breed each breeding bitch you own & you say I only breed each bitch every other year ie first time I bred them they were 30 months old [2 1/2 years old] & I have rebred them again when they are 4 years old.

Do we then say sorry but that's sounds wrong as your breeding every year or yes we understand that you own more then one breeding bitch & you will only breed from each bitch every other year ie bitches 1 -2 & 3 will be breed in 2117 & again in 2019 bitches 3 -4-5 was breed in 2016 & will be bred again 2018.

There's no other way that I can spell it out & am not going to try to justified to why we allowed the pup to go back to the breeder, so what if they are going to use him as a stud dog - in the end the pup is back with owners/breeders that have knowledge about the breeds needs as a rescue home we don't have all ins/outs about every breed of dog What we do is care feed walk groom the dogs & hopefully rehome the dogs to owners with good knowledge of the breed.
  11. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    1). As a breeder I would take the dog back just as they have it's the right thing to do.

2) there breeding practices are of no interest to me, but by the sounds of it they seem to be on the comercial side of the scale, nothing wrong with that either many large show kennels are the same.

3) you originally said they only breed one litter every other year, you did not expand on that to how many bitches they have till later on in the post.......that and that alone was what I flagged up.

4)
    So what if they are going to use him at stud ......I never once mentioned him, if they wish to keep and use him, that's fine in my book,

And last.....I am not asking you to justify your policy on retuning dogs to breeders, the breeder did the right thing and I am sure they are grateful to get him back.

But if you had made it clear in the first place ( breeding practices) then the amount of litters they Produce would not have been in question as the obvious contradiction jumped straight of the page.

6 bitches having litters every other year is a huge difference to only breeding 1 litter every other year.....that and that alone was what I queried .
  12. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    @Jackie perhaps I could of worded it differently in my original post (but it did make sense to me the way I written it down) the breeders breeds the Fox Terriers smooth coats one year & the wired rough coated Fox Terriers the following year, so each bitch only has 1 litter every other year (hope that makes more sense)

We don't give puppies back to BYB's
    Any speciallity breeds ie shar pei - Chinese Crested - even your breed Portuguese Water dog, if we can't return puppy to breeder or find they come from a BYB, then we will contact their breed rescue center & ask them if they know anyone that will be interested in taking on the puppy, if no we will ask them if they can take the puppy, if no they will then give us lots of info about the breed & best way to care for them.
  13. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    What is the kennel name of this breeder Tina? You can PM if you'd prefer. If they're as popular & well known as you say they are in the show world, they'll be easy to find.
  14. muddymoodymoo

muddymoodymoo New Member

Name:
    muddymoodymoo
    All that hard work @6JRT's and instead of thanks you get the inquisition as if you were the guilty party. :cry: