Affenpinscher Discussions

Discussion in 'Affenpinscher' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Lesley G

Lesley G New Member

Name:
    Lesley
    He is absolutely gorgeous - thanks for posting the pic. He's just like a baby monkey and I'm really jealous!!!!
    Enjoy his puppyhood.
    Lesley.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Lesley G

Lesley G New Member

Name:
    Lesley
    Sorry - forgot to say, I'll pass your kind wishes on to Becky.
  4. Mother*ship

Mother*ship New Member

Name:
    J
    Thanks Lesley, and thanks for the compliments, so far loving every minute! (I'll be back complaining in a few months when he does the teenage thing!) :grin:

J
  5. Schnauzerbabe

Schnauzerbabe New Member

Name:
    Sue
    Mothership how is your little Affenpinscher getting on can you give us an update I have taken quite a shine to these and I would love one but OH won't let me so can I see yours please..
    Are there any photo's also of the Parti Poodles would love to see those too
    Sue
  6. Mother*ship

Mother*ship New Member

Name:
    J
    Hi Schnauzerbabe,

Thanks for asking after Gozo, he's doing fine! He's 4 months old now and quite the little charmer! Why won't your OH let you get an Affen? It would make a great companion for Lexi and they really don't take up much space and 2 dogs really isn't much more work than one...

But to keep you going here are a couple of pics of my baby boy.

[attach-center]4102[/attach-center]
    Side view I took to send to his breeder. He's still very much a puppy, a bit leggy and his coat hasn't come in properly yet, but there is no rush.

[attach-center]4101[/attach-center]
    Pepper and Gozo at the beach, people kept asking if she was his Mum. :lol:

[attach-center]4100[/attach-center]
    A bit overexposed, it's sooo hard to get good pictures of black dogs.

Have you had a look at his breeders website? There are some lovely Affen pics on it? :grin: www.orlock.co.uk

J
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2008
  7. Schnauzerbabe

Schnauzerbabe New Member

Name:
    Sue
    Oh thanks so much for the update on Gozo and yes I have had a look at the Orlock website I just think they are such little charactures with such expressive faces my husband just adores Lexi and thinks the bond would be broken if we had another dog ...
    They are lovely photo's by the way and thanks again for letting me see them...
    Sue:)
  8. Mother*ship

Mother*ship New Member

Name:
    J
    Nah! That's just silly :grin: that's like saying if you have more than one child you can't love them as much! I have to say that my bond with Pepper is still firmly in place and now I am growing a new one with Gozo - who is definitely a Mummy's boy. :007: Anyway there are 2 of you so you need a dog each, that's what I told my OH when he was getting the sofa cuddles...

Keep working on the OH, you'll wear him down with time. :grin:

J
  9. Schnauzerbabe

Schnauzerbabe New Member

Name:
    Sue
    Thanks for the advice I will try but you don't know Bern hehe I do usually manage to get my own way in the end so here's to me succeeding Wish me luck hehe
    Sue:grin:
  10. Mother*ship

Mother*ship New Member

Name:
    J
    Just wanted to mention that I have posted some pics of Gozo in the "your dog's pictures" forum...

J
  11. chewymeg

chewymeg New Member

Name:
    Catherine
    I have owned Affenpinschers since 1987, and bred the first Affie to gain a stud book number in the UK, I owned the 3rd Affie Bitch to be awarded a CC, Affies are an intellengent breed, only show them what to do a couple of times and they know what to do, Chewbacca is the Top Dog at our Training Club and has to demonstrate things to other people, they get on well with other dogs,cats, even friends horses, they have even been into schools & Hospices, so temperament has to be good, my Affies have done well in Showing, Agility, Obedience & HTM I would recommend this breed to anyone.
  12. chewymeg

chewymeg New Member

Name:
    Catherine
    Mira Brown has some lovely dogs, she is one of the best people you could of had your little one from, are you going to show Gozo,
    will have to find some pics of my Affies
  13. Mother*ship

Mother*ship New Member

Name:
    J
    Thanks Chewy, sorry I didn't reply to this soner, for some reason I wasn't notified?

Anyway, yes I am very happy with Mhairi she totally breeds for health and temperament and has produced some fantastic winners, a perfect combination. She's also a lovely person!

I had hoped to show Gozo but to be honest I'm not sure if he'll be up to standard. He is the offspring of an American sire Mhairi imported who is making quite small pups so he is a little dinky and slow to mature. We are going up to visit Mhairi and see what she thinks, he's nearly 9 months and I'm not in any hurry, que sera sera. :grin: In the meantime he has turned out to be a fantastic little character and I am loving him to bits!

I did take him to puppy agility, just for fun, and he was ok but not particularly interested, but he's having a break now because of the weather.

This a fantastic little breed, I really don't know why they are not more popular?

J