Aggressive growling and biting General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by My Henry boy, Dec 18, 2018.

1. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Yeah, I know the feeling. When my mother looks after him I can hear her sometimes from another room trying to catch him!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. My Henry boy

My Henry boy New Member

Name:
    Henry
    Challis87 likes this.
    Thank you, for sure will try this.
  4. Challis87

Challis87 New Member

Name:
    James
    Another observation from this week my partner has been working with him trying to teach him new tricks only five ten minutes at a time reinforced with treats etc but he has now become her little sidekick lol so maybe try it with your little guy if not doing so already obviously mine isnt nipping so bit of a different scenario but he wasnt really listening to her before like i mentioned higher up but now hes on her evrry word i call her the trat lady lol
  5. My Henry boy

My Henry boy New Member

Name:
    Henry
    I will for sure try that ! He’s been better though , I think he’s slowly learning. Another obversation was in his sleep he makes this weird noise like if he’s drinking water or i don’t know if he thinks he’s still getting milk from his mom lol it’s so adorable but it scared me at first ! Does yours do that?
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    My nine and ten year old Beagles still occasionally do that when they are deeply asleep. They also gallop and jump, wag their tails, and have scary nightmares which can make them yelp and growl.
  7. Challis87

Challis87 New Member

Name:
    James
    My little man doesn't but he does snore incredibly Loud lol but mum and dads gsps do exactly what carol above has mentioned lol sometimes its quite funny, glad he is learning that ankles arent toys
  8. My Henry boy

My Henry boy New Member

Name:
    Henry
    CaroleC likes this.
    Yes! Ok I’m not the only one lol my Henry sometimes growls and barks in the middle of the night and scares us :rolleyes:
  9. My Henry boy

My Henry boy New Member

Name:
    Henry
    Mine still goes for my ankles but I’ve realized when I stay very still he just walks off lol lucky you!
  10. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    and that's exactly what you should do. No reprimand, no eye contact, just stop and wait until he does walk off then reward him with praise, treat, a little game, whatever.

Dogs do what works. Nipping your ankles and getting you to dance is a great game. If the game stops so does the fun so it's not worth doing
  11. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Yep, mine does that, along with his twitching, which i call his 'disco, dancing!'