Alaskan Malamute Discussions

Discussion in 'Alaskan Malamute' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Discussion Thread

Discussion Thread New Member

Alaskan Malamute

Alaskan Malamute
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    As there are no photos of this breed though I would add these taken at the Newark & District Show on the 19th Feb 2005

Nice to Meet You

[img-big]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/Thordell/Openshowmeeting.jpg[/img-big]

Love you Mum

[img-big]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/Thordell/298pawup.jpg[/img-big]
  4. Emma-836592

Emma-836592

they are stunning, that is the same breed as the dog used in the film 'The Lost Boys?'
  5. WiggilyStump

WiggilyStump New Member

Name:
    Gemma
    yeah its called 'Nanook' or something I love that film. Lovely dogs!
  6. olive

olive New Member

Very nice indeed Thordell
  7. Gems

Gems New Member

Name:
    Gemma
    love them!!! shame they arent good with other dogs though :(
  8. jackiew

jackiew New Member

Name:
    jackie
    wow stunning looking dogs :smt049 :smt049
  9. Anne

Anne Global Moderator

Name:
    Anne
    Great looking dogs. :D
  10. afc101

afc101 New Member

only one word needed STUNNING
  11. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    And this bitch belongs to Melody whom you who frequent the other place will know

[img-big]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/Thordell/Beingjudged.jpg[/img-big]
  12. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    gorgeous dogs :smt049
  13. mo

mo New Member

Name:
    Maureen Boyd
    I am a new member, so please bear with me, I know Mel and her dogs, in fact I was the judge on this particular photograph.(1st appointment) all the Malamutes were lovely, I own 3 myself so maybe I am biased to the breed lol

Mo
  14. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Small world I have a large number of photos taken of your first appointment and will sort a few and e-mail them to you if you would like. You have a good entry you must have been pleased. :)
  15. mo

mo New Member

Name:
    Maureen Boyd
    That would be brilliant Jackie, my daughter was with me and took a camer, and forgot to take any, typical :lol: yes I did have a good entry, far more than I ever dreamed, and it was very daunting, so many real good dogs there, it did not help the fact the I knew most of the people either, its hard not placing a friend, but I went with the intentions of not placing someone just because I knew them but what I felt were the dogs to be placed on the day, on a different day, it could have been different dogs placed.

Mo
  16. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Perhaps this is not the place to start a conversation on judging but I find that you are concentrating so hard on the dogs that you don't really know who is handling nor which dog it is even if you know them well. Can't remember how I felt my first time but it does get easier in that you stop worrying who or what you are placing but harder in that you start to take in far more of the breed standard points and after a couple of classes the mind is bursting with the information it is taking in. This year I am to have the honour of judging at our clubs show and I am looking forward to it but I am worried I will start to loose concentration before I get to open bitch but know that must not happen. Will sort some photos for you in the next few days, tell you what, I have loads of the winner of Junior so I recon I may well have agreed with your choice.
  17. mo

mo New Member

Name:
    Maureen Boyd
    Yes Jackie, think you may be right regarding disgussing judging, lol dont want to open a hornets nest lol, but wanted to agree when I was actually in the ring all I saw were dogs, til I had chosen, then looked up and saw who was handling who lol strange feeling really, the hardest part I thought was remembering whos movement I prefered ect, should have made better notes after each dog to remind me. :oops:

Mo
  18. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Yep, think that is why the concentration is so intense. Movement, I do mark down anything that is impossible to consider and it is why I have been know to move everyone again 'twice' before I make my choice.
  19. Mel

Mel New Member

Name:
    Melody
    Ah ..a picture of me and my Chayo bitch Delta :) Shame you didn't make yourself known Jackie I would have said hello.

I frequent a LOT of dog forums ;)
  20. mo

mo New Member

Name:
    Maureen Boyd
    :D Mel you are like a little ghost flirting here and there, good to see you here too :D

MO
  21. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Hi Mel, did look for you after the judging was complete but I could not see you, did not like to leave the hall we were in because of the camera & tripod, do have several photos taken of you in the ring if you would like them I will e-mail them to you.

Jackie