American Indian Dog General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by dixiechick, Mar 29, 2007.

1. KirstenR

KirstenR New Member

Name:
    Kirsten
    Thanks, the whole "American Indian" thing is just a pet peeve of mine. I'm all for marketing gimmicks, but in some situations...and with some angles its just plain wrong. Especially since if I remember clearly the creator of the "breed" is as pasty white as I am. I mean if you're going to abuse that at least have some claim to it. :lol:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malady

Malady

Name:
    T
    :lol: I agree

I have the same peeve..............really with any breed of dog that's given a breed name that tries to imply it's from somewhere or related to certain tribes etc and has certain origins, as I feel it actually insults either the original purebred dogs from those places or the tribes etc that discovered them. To lay claim to have one or breed an ancient dog when it's nothing more than a local crossbreed really gets my goat :?
  4. NYJCroo

NYJCroo New Member

Name:
    Jeremy
    I would like to know one thing; are there any dogs available (not for the mint price of $1,000.00+) that have the same physical characteristics and described temperaments of the fabled NAID? I love dogs, and the "breed" sounded ideal (I wasn't too taken with the back story), but I may just look for a nice Rottweiler or bull terrier or something. Seriously though, NAID-like dog a possibility, or no?:-(
  5. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Well I assume these dogs will look something like Husky??? So why not go for a Husky or Malamute if you like that type of dog!!!!!

The old saying " a fool and is money , is easily parted" comes to mind yet again.
  6. NYJCroo

NYJCroo New Member

Name:
    Jeremy
    Wow, thanks for responding, I guess. I've dealt with a few huskies, and I really don't like their temperament; I've found them to be on the stupid and inattentive side. Also, I have a child with allergies, but she really would like a dog... the supposed NAID sounded ideal. Interesting that I'm a fool though I've purchased nothing, and merely inquired about the possibility of finding a breed that has the traits (physical and emotional) associated with a NAID.
  7. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie

I`m sorry, That remark was not meant for you.

It is just a saying we use here in the UK, what it refers to is , that their are always people who will be prepared to part with there money for what they believe to be "a good deal" or in this case being taken in by money orientated breeders spinning a yarn ,about new breeds(or ancient ones in this case)

As you quoted the $1,000.00+ price tag on these dogs, it seemed extreme.